Hello again… Today’s card is full of fun – a birthday card using the Darling Donkey stamp set that will be available Jan 5, 2021 as a FREE ITEM when you purchase $50 in product – it’s Sale-a-bration time Jan 5 – end of Feb 2021. Woohoo! :O)
This little donkey is just too cute – love the impish smile… that square needs a back to it though so I may take that off, add a backing and put it on again. But let’s talk through how I did this. It’s a z-fold, so scored in the center and the front panel folded back on itself exactly in half, then the square added. Here’s what you need to create this card…
- Smokey Slate card base
- In Good Taste DSP
- Whisper White card stock
- Stitched Shapes (largest square)
- Classic Label Punch (fence)
- Balloon Punch (balloon)
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Blends: Flirty Flamingo (ears), Crumb Cake/ Gray Granite (donkeys), Color Lifter
- Black Marker (tail for balloon)
- Wink of Stella (color ther balloon)
- Fold card base (Gray Granite) in half and fold the front flap in half back on itself – to create a z-fold
- Cover the front fold using In Good Taste DSP
- Stamp the front donkey in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Whisper White card stock; color with Stampin’ Blends – light & dark Gray Granite. Use the Color Lifter to highlight – between the eyes & near his backside. (Yes – this one is definitely a male donkey!) Die cut with largest Stitched Shapes Dies (largest square). Here’s where I should have cut a scalloped square out of Basic Black card stock for a backing. Adhere to the front panel with liquid glue, centering.
For the inside: there are two panels, the far right and the folded ‘in’ . Often the ‘in fold’ is not covered but for this card, I definitely wanted to do that.
- Right panel ~ stamp the donkey from Darling Donkey stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink in the center of the Whisper White panel, making certain it will be covered when the card is closed. Color in Stampin’ Blends: light & dark Gray Granite, light Flirty Flamingo for the ears, dark Flirty Flamingo for the hooves – after all this is a girl donkey 🙂 Stamp the sentiment above it from the same stamp set and in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Adhere to the right panel of the card base with liquid glue, creating the inside of the card. It was at this point I decided the donkey need a fence and punched several ‘fencing’ using the Classic Label Punch and more of the same In Good Taste DSP. I punched various heights and widths then adhered to the panel with liquid glue.
- Folded in panel ~ stamp the donkey from Darling Donkey stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a Whisper White panel, blocking off the flower so it doesn’t get ink. Color in Stampin’ Blends light & dark Crumb Cake, light Flirty Flamingo for the ears. And yes, I used a bit of Color Lifter for highlight. Punch a small balloon using the Balloon Punch from Bright 6×6 DSP – Flirty Flamingo. Adhere with dimensionals and color with Wink of Stella. Add a balloon ‘tail’ from the balloon to the donkeys mouth. Cute right? Adhere this panel to the card and the card is complete. OOPS! I did add some more fencing to this guy.
For the envelope… I used more of the same In Good Taste DSP to the envelope flap & trimmed to fit. For the envelope front I stamped the sentiment and the ‘sparkels’ in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and called it done.
Card Cuts are listed at the end of this post. Products used for today’s project may be found below. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SAZV3JTK– good until Jan 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
- Smoky Slate 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored @ 4 1/2 & 2 1/8: fold in half, then fold back on itself the small panel
- In Good Taste DSP 2 x 5 1/4 + 2 1/4 x 6 for envelope + scraps for fencing
- Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4, 2 x 5 1/4
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
WooHoo! Stampin’ Up! has gone over the top… check out the Giant Year-end sale here
Year End Closeout Sale Details:
Sale Dates: December 8, 2020 through January 4, 2021
- No minimum purchase required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
- Exclusions apply: Carryover items will not be discounted.
- Due to increased shipping times and possible shipping delays during the month of December, we can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.
- Ordering Deadlines: January 4, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Shop early! The items that are retiring are only while supplies last!!