Hi there! Welcome to my blog. Today shares another fun fold ~ actually the same fold as yesterday but created differently. And the focus is the Playful Pets DSP. I had an order for the loss of a kitty and this is what I did.
I love the way the punched cat sits nearly off the card front – and this kind of fun fold allows that to perfection. And here’s the how-to…
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and score at 4 1/4
- On the upper half, or front half, trim off 1″ from each end, just to the score line. This gives the full card base and all that left to do is decorate it 😊
- The card front is now only 3 1/2 x 4 1/4: cut a panel of Real Red card stock 3 3/8 x 4 1/8 and adhere with liquid glue.
- Cut a piece of the Playful Pets DSP 3 1/4 x 4 and adhere with liquid glue
- Using the sweet Cat Punch and Basic Black card stock, punch a cat. Adhere with dimensionals to the edge of the front flap.
- Stamp the sentiment using Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set and Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a 1/2″ Whisper White card stock strip. Trim end using the Banners Pick-a-Punch. Adhere this with liquid glue to a 5/8″ Real Red card stock strip. Adhere the sentiment strip to the card front with liquid glue.
- The heart for the cat…. with a 1/2″ strip of Real Red card stock, and the Detailed Hearts Die, place the strip at the top of this beautiful die and run it through the Cut & Emboss machine. Choose one of the many hearts and attach to the cat with a mere dot of glue. And your card front is done!
For the inside – lots of card cuts and no stamping…
Love this inside ~ for me, the hearts make it. The inside is a full 5 1/2 width and I cut lots of panels as a ‘step up’ from yesterdays same fun fold.
- Cut two strips of Real Red card stock 7/8 x 4 1/8 and one @ 3 3/8 x 4 1/8
- Cut two strips of Playful Pets DSP 3/4 x 4. Adhere to the Real Red strips with liquid glue and then to the card base at each end with liquid glue.
- Adhere the larger Real Red panel to the card inside with liquid glue
- Cut a panel of Whisper White card stock 3 1/4 x 4. Adhere the heart die cuts that remain from cutting the heart for the cat. I trimmed mine apart and cut back some of what felt unnecessary edges to get the look I wanted. Adhere with mere dots of liquid glue to the Whisper White panel, then to the inside of the card and voila!
For the envelope… cut a strip of coordinating Playful Pets DSP 2 1/4 x 6, adhere to the envelope flap with liquid glue and trim. Stamp the cat feet (this is a non SU! product that I have kept from years of crafting) in Tuxedo Black ink..
The person who ordered this sympathy for a cat loss, loved it… and I do too. Would like to know what you think. The product list is below for your ease of ordering. As a thank you to those who use me as their demonstrator, I offer a SU! item of choice valued at $10 when their order is between $50-$150. Please use my CURRENT HOST CODE: XS4MSSFN through Nov 18. When your order is above that amount, you still get my free item, but Stampin’ Up! offers Stampin’ Rewards for more product. It’s a real deal!
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Please let me know if you have questions by replying to this blog or by sending me an email: