Hi again – DO HOPE you have taken the opportunity to purchase stamp sets during today’s 24 hr STAMP SALE! If not, get on it 😏
Today’s card is another using the Poinsettia Petals Bundle – I just love this set… so FUN to create using different colors, either on the bloom (bract) itself or the background. I’ve done both today…
Is this gorgeous or what?! Now that I look at it, I guess I could have added some linen thread behind the poinsettia for more texture – that might have been very nice. What I DID add was Shimmery Crystal Effects to the berries. It adds a wonderful sheen in real life – not certain it shows in this photo though. I also add the same Shimmery Crystal Effects to the center of the flower on the envelope. Again, it doesn’t show but I did do it. So, steps, how to..
- Thick Whisper White for the card base
- Crumb Cake layer both inside and out
- ‘Tis the Season 6×6 DSP – die cut with second largest Stitched Rectangles Dies
- Whisper White for stamping/ die cutting the poinsettia, leaves & sentiment: Stamp everything using Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Color the Poinsettia layers with Crumb Cake Blends; color the leaves with Just Jade Blends, color the berries with Cherry CobblerBlends. Die cut all: 2 small leaves, 1 large leaf, 4 layers of poinsettia bracts and 3 berry clumps. Curl the poinsettia bracts and leaves with a bone folder.
- Adhere the DSP layer to the Crumb Cake with liquid glue.
- Adhere the poinsettia together with liquid glue. Adhere flower to the DSP/ Crumb Cake panel with liquid glue. Place leaves and adhere with liquid glue. Lastly add the berry clumps, again with liquid glue.
- Cover the berries with Shimmery Crystal Effects and set aside to dry.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and fussy cut. Place on Mini dimensionals and adhear to the card.
- If the Crumb Cake/ DSP panel with the poinsettia/ berries is now dry, put dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card base.
- Add a single Beaded Pearl to the poinsettia center then add Pearl Basic Jewels for the final touch completing the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set in Tuxedo
Black Memento Ink on a panel of Whisper White
- With a leaf stamp from Poinsettia Petals stamp set, stamp off twice with Just Jade ink and stamp in center of the sentiment.
- Adhere the Whisper White panel to the Crumb Cake panel with liquid glue then add this to the inside of the card.
- Cover the envelope flap with a strip of the ‘Tis the Season 6×6 DSP (I used the same pattern). Add a strip of Crumb Cake cs to complete the flap. Trim.
- On the front, stamp the poinsettia from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- Color with Blends: Crumb Cake for the bracts, Cherry Cobbler for the center. TIP: be sure to slip a piece of scrap card stock inside the envelope when coloring the poinsettia – otherwise it will bleed through to the back of the envelope – and that’s a no-no.
- Cot the center of the flower with the Shimmery Crystal Effects and let dry.
Whee! This gorgeous card is ready to sending to someone special in December! Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post.
p style=”text-align: center;”>Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Card stock cuts for today’s project…
- Thick Whisper White 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Crumb Cake 3 3/4 x 5 (2)
- Whisper White 3 5/8 x 4 3/4 (inside) probably 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 for die cuts
- ‘Tis the Season 6×6 DSP cut with Stitched Rectangles Dies OR… 4 5/8 x 3 3/8