Hi Everyone. Have I told you lately… how much I like the Sunflowers Dies? I could play with that bundle for a very long time and be quite content. I had this sunflower sitting on my desk from a previous project and it kept calling me to do something. I pulled out the Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP and began…
What do you think? Do you see those curled leaves? I used an X’acto knife and cut along the lines of several petals all near the center. I could have stamped and die cut several sunflowers, cut them down and layered, but I wanted to try this and I like it. Here’s the full scoop:
Stamp the sunflower using Memento black ink onto Whisper White cs using the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set. With Dark Mango Melody Blends, highlight many of the accents on the sunflower. With an X’acto knife, cut along the lines of several inner petals , leaving them attached to the sunflower, and raise them. TIP: when using an X’acto knife I use a piece of glass as my cutting surface – often that glass has come from an old picture frame that I’m not using and I have covered the rims with tape so there are no sharp edges.
I used the Layering Squares Dies, plain and scalloped, to die cut a piece of the Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP, then cut the Bumblebee cs with the largest scallop die. These I adhered together with liquid glue. I layered the sunflower atop that with dimensionals, intentionally not centered. Then using the Stitched Rectangles Dies, I cut another panel of the Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP that coordinated with the other piece. Next I die cut another another panel of Bumblebee cs with the Stitched Rectangles Dies.. These two were layered together with liquid glue, then the Squares dies with the sunflower was placed with dimensionals. All this was added to a Thick Whisper White card base.
Next came the IN COLOR 2020-2022 Bumblebee Ribbon attached with just a bit of Stampin Seal right in the center. The sentiment strip was first stamped with Memento Black ink using the Posted For You stamp set, then trimmed with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I then added these gorgeous Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems to give it some sparkle. Perfect touch! And the card front is complete.
For the inside I cut a piece of the darker Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP used on the front of the card and adhered it with liquid glue. The Whisper White panel was first stamped with the Special Delivery stamp from Posted For You in Memento Black ink. Then I did an overlay with a sentiment from the Forever Fern stamp set in Shaded Spruce ink. Adhere this panel over the plaid piece with liquid glue and the inside is done.
For the envelope I took a piece of this same Shaded Spruce plaid and adhered it to the envelope flap with liquid glue. There was just a bit left – a 1/2″ strip, so I adhered that to the front of the card near the bottom. And the entire card is ready for mailing! This one is going to a friend who just had major surgery, that’s why the inside sentiment is so important – ‘you can do this’. Recovery is going to take some mental strength and courage.
So what do you think? Like this? I’m really pleased with the way it turned out. This bundle is just exquisite!
OK – now for a bit of business…
- The new Cut & Emboss machine is available to order NOW – just do it – you will love the ease of this machine!
- SU! has a promotion going on for new recruits that is a win-win for everyone… for $99 you will get a starter kit worth of products valued at $125 – plus two card sets with instructions & an additional stamp set & Rhinestones. What’s not to like about that? Join my team- and yes, do it NOW so you get all the benefits of this awesome deal. More details below.
- In addition to the regular starter kit (for $99 USD/$135 CAD, new recruits choose $125 USD/$165 CAD-worth of products) new recruit will also receive enough card stock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set—all for their first event.
- 8 packs of precut card stock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut card stock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes). The new recruit can choose what samples to replicate and how to distribute the packs to their customers.
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
Finally – card cuts for todays card:
- Thick Whisper White 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Bumblebee cs – large panel on front (3 3/4 x 5 1/8); largest scalloped square
- Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP – larger panel of front 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 + largest scalloped square + 4 x 5 1/4 for inside + 2 1/4 x 6 for envelope
- Whisper White approximately 3 1/2 square for sunflower, 1/2 x about 3 for sentiment panel, 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inside
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply to Susan K Cancel reply