Hi Everyone! Ever have one of those mornings when you can’t sleep anymore? Yep, this was one of those. A little after 4 AM and my eyes were wide open. What to do? (as if there was any question!) Make a card!!! Yesterday I was talking with our daughter and her neighbor just had a baby boy. I said I would make some cards she could give her friend ~ and here’s the first one.
Foam Adhesive Sheets are the best for doing these letters – it was so easy… just adhere the foam adhesive to the back of your card stock, lay on your die cut piece and run it through your die cutting machine. I ran it through twice cause I wanted to be certain it cut through. And here’s a TIP: only adhere the foam adhesive to your designated area for cutout to avoid waste.
Here’s how to make this card…
- Playing with Patterns 6×6 DSP ~ stripe is cut 1 1/2 x 5; large dots is cut 2 x 4
- The Bumblebee is cut 1/8″ larger both in length and width
- Misty Moonlight is cut 1/8″ larger both in length and width of the Bumblebee
- The front stamped panel is 2 1/2 x 3 with Bumblebee 1/8″ larger and Misty Moonlight 1/8 larger than the Bumblebee
- Adhere Foam Adhesive to a strip of DSP; die cut letters appropriately
- I should have stamped the 2 1/2 x 3 Whisper White panel all over – so do that – THEN adhere the die cut letters. The stamping here was done with Bumblebee and centers colored with Purple Posy marker.
- Card base is Purple Posy 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4: adhere all panels
The inside was super easy ~ Misty Moonlight 4 x 5 1/4; Whisper White 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. Stamp the Whisper White with Misty Moonlight and adhere to Misty Moonlight then to the inside of the card. Voila! Your card is ready…
For the envelope, adhere a panel of the Playing with Patterns 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap, trim. Stamp the front of the envelop with Misty Moonlight and you are all finished.
I love how all the papers in this DSP stack coordinate so well. SU! does an amazing job with their papers, and this is no exception. I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.