Hello Everyone! Today’s card is made with the brand new So Much Happy Stamp Set and matching dies… Happy Dies. You are going to love this set… it has so much to offer and I had the best time making today’s card.
And thank you for stopping by… Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Blog Hop is full of fabulous cards and inspiration. Here’s mine…
Oh so much to share about this card… first of all, masculine or feminine, child or adult – it fits! Next – the dies (Happy Dies) and paper (Playing With Patterns 6×6 DSP) make this card so easy. And the stamp set ( So Much Happy) allows you to make this not just a birthday card but also a graduation or a celebration of a wonderful person.
Here’s a list of supplies…
- So Much Happy stamp set (card front and envelope front)
- Happy Dies (card front)
- Playing with Patterns 6×6 DSP (card front)
- Whisper White cs (background for card front and inside panel)
- 2020-2022 In Color 6×6 ( banner on card front and envelope flap)
- Best Year stamp set (for the inside sentiment)
- Bumblebee cs and ink (card base and balloons on envelope)
- Calypso Coral cs (balloon tail and inside panel)
- Stazon black ink (sentiments)
- Journaling pen (balloon tails on envelope)
And here’s the how to…
I started by choosing to play with the Playing With Patterns 6×6 DSP – so many fun papers in this stack! Because it already had this wonderful angle design, I followed that angle and used the die cut from the Happy Dies. OK, what else? I played around with some other options for the balloon and star but returned to the scraps of the Playing With Patterns 6×6 DSP and came up with a match for the balloon tail as well (Calypso Coral) die cut both the balloon and star and the tail at the same time. :o) Next I stamped the birthday sentiment. Then I wanted just one more accent… the Happy Dies have two dies that do not cut but EMBOSS your paper with a design. I used the one that looks like a broken underscore line and embossed it between the HAPPY and the birthday. Can you see it in the photo? If you put your curser on the photo and enlarge it, it’s visible and really adds a fun touch to the card. I adhered the balloon tail where I wanted it then adhered this DSP panel to Whisper White, put dimensionals on the balloon and star and attached. I wasn’t quite ready to stop – – I die cut the banner twice using the Happy Dies and the 2020-2022 In Color 6×6 DSP (Bumblebee). I die cut it twice to add dimension to the banner. This was adhered with small dots of liquid glue. This completed panel was adhered to the Bumblebee cs with dimesnionals. Card front complete!
Don’t you love the different fonts in this sentiment? And the sentiment is pretty darn neat too :o) This was stamped in Stazon black ink onto a Whisper White panel for a very crisp look – using the Best Year stamp set. This in turn, was adhered to Calypso Coral with liquid glue then attached to the card inside, again with liquid glue. Your card is done!
Now for the envelope… let’s take a peek at that envelope again…
I stamped the balloons with Bumblebee ink (new In Color!) and added the tails with my black Journaling pen. The envelope flap got covered with the 2020-2022 In Color 6×6 Bumblebee paper and the card set was done!
Now let me show you one of the other dies in this Happy Dies package that allows you to emboss a pattern on the card. You may need to enlarge the photon to see it though. I stamped the sentiment, added the embossing to the left and at near the bottom of the panel and adhered it to a Calypso Coral panel before realizing it was going in the wrong direction for my card! It’s been saved, have no worries there, but look for the embossing in the photo below.
Such a fun cheerful card. I hope you enjoyed… Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card ❤️
Now on to the next person on the hop or go to the person before me… enjoy! And if you get lost along the way, here’s a list of those participating today.
- Karen Ksenzakovic: https://wp.me/paaNf4-2lT
- Leslie Larkin: https://leslielarkin.com/beautiful-world-bundle/
- Akiko Sudano: https://wp.me/paOv8E-1hC
- Karen Finkle: https://karenscardkorner.blogspot.com/2020/06/stampin-up-amys-inkin-krew-blog-hop.html
- Jaimie Babarczy: https://wp.me/p79UhD-3WJ
- Mary Deatherage: https://wp.me/p5snyt-dhf
- Terry Lynn Bright: https://wp.me/p8fxPh-y7
- Donna Leonard: http://stampdabbles.com/?p=2030
- Amy Koenders: https://wp.me/p2SFwf-jMS
Leave a Reply to Susan K Cancel reply