Hi Folks – it’s Thursday! Did you know that already? Well, my days are all mixed up… just sayin’. The card for today features the fabulous Stampin’ Up! Ornate Layers Dies (NEW!) and the Stitched Rectangles Dies and oh yes… the fun Tropical Oasis DSP. What a combination! The other factor about this gem is… it’s a gift card! Let’s take a look.
Don’t you love this combination? So, how did I do that? Here are the deets…
- Terracotta Tile 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2 and 9; additional piece for diecut approx 3 3/4 x 2 1/2
- Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4 (for inside panel; additional piece for diecut approx 3 1/2 x 2 1/4
- Tropical Oasis DSP 3 1/4 x 4 (front of card) and 1 3/4 x 4 (for the fold over for the gift card
- Adhere the DSP to the front panel and also to the fold over for the gift card. Make certain the DSP is going in the right direction! Using a 3/4″ circle punch, punch a ‘half moon’ to easily remove the gift card
- Die cut the 4 x 5 1/4 panel of Whisper White close to the right edge, for a delicate wonderful border
- Diecut the smaller panel of Whisper White for the card front using the Ornate Layers Dies
- Diecut the smaller panel of Terracotta Tile for the card front using the Stitched Rectangles dies.
- Stamp your sentiment for the card front from the Floral Essence stamp set. Stamp the inside sentiment using the same stamp set.
- Adhere the inside panel using liquid glue
- Using Tear ‘Whisper Whitew diecut to the Terracotta Tile diecut with liquid glue. Adhere this to the card front with either liquid glue OR snail. I tend to use snail when I am attaching a panel like this
For the envelope…
- Adhere a panel of the Tropical Oasis DSP 2 1/4 x 6, to the envelope flap using liquid glue and trim to fit.
- I also stamped a hello sentiment on the front of the card from the Timeless Tropical stamp set but covered it up when I took the picture… silly me! 😳
Your card is complete! I am using this card for a woman graduating from Hairdressing School in a couple of weeks. She’s a sweetheart of a young lady, has a wonderfully refreshing personality and will do well in her future. I wish her well.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
Remember to look for the Ornate Garden Suite of products premiered right now prior to the launch of the 2020-21 Annual Catalogue. Here is a flyer to refresh your memory.