My card today uses the stunning Stampin’ Up! Flowering Foils papers that can be earned with a $50 order. It also uses Daisy Lane Stamp set, Around the Corner stamp set, Beautiful Bouquet stamp set, the Medium Daisy punch and the Bouquet Bunch dies.Sounds like a lot doesn’t it? But the card was super fun and easy to create. Here it is…
Isn’t this fun? I really, really like it. This Flowering Foils paper has some body to it, was easy to work with and is stunning in person. Pictures really does not do it justice. My intension was to make a masculine card but once I got started, well, you see what happened. It isn’t masculine at all!
Here are the details:
- Smokey Slate card stock cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Blueberry Bushel cut to 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Flowering Foils cut to 4 1/2″ x 3″
So how did I get this wonderful ombre effect? By using a brush roller! Using the roller, roll over the ink pad GOING IN ONE DIRECTION ONLY, NOT BACK AND FORTH. This allows the ink to cover the entire roller, not just sections of it. Put roller to paper starting at the top of the foils paper and moving downward. I did not go to the end of the piece as I wanted a gradient color. Continue this process until it’s to the depth of shade desired. Allow to dry a few minutes then buff lightly with a soft cloth to remove ink from the foil design. This is a bit of a messy process as it gets ink on your hands during the handling and holding of the paper. Just make certain the ink on your hands is dry before handling other papers!
- Adhere the Flowering Foils piece to the Blueberry Bushel using liquid glue. Wrap braided linen thread around these two pieces and tie in a knot
- Using the Daisy Lane stamp set stamp three daisies on Whisper White card stock and punch out with the Medium Daisy punch. Curl the petals by running a bone folder over the petals and lifting them. Adhere daisies together with glue dots. Adhere over the ribbon with a dimensional. Adhere a Gold Faceted Gem in the daisy center.
- Stamp the “for you” using Blueberry Bushel ink and the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set onto a Whisper White scrap. Cut out using the Bouquet Bunch dies. Put a dimensional on the back, slip a length of linen thread through the hole and tie in a knot to the braided linen ribbon.
- Adhere all this with dimenionals to the Smokey Slate cs and the card front is complete!
This card is for a friend who will be running a convention in a couple of months, and that’s why the sentiment on the inside. Here it is…
- Blueberry Bushel 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Whisper White 4 1/2″ x 3″
- Stamp the sentiment with Blueberry Bushel ink
- Add a Noble Rhinestone jewel and the card is complete.
- The envelope got the same treatment on the flap, using a piece of the Flowering Foils cut 2 1/4″ x 6″, adhering with liquid glue and trimming to size.
- On the envelope front I stamped the sentiment from Around the Corner stamp set in Blueberry Bushel. Since this card will be hand delivered, I adhered five jewels from the Noble Peacock Rhinestone pack
I love this card – did I say that already? Hope you do as well. Now – on with the matching gift bag..
- Cut a piece of Flowering Foils paper 6″ x 12″. Create the ombre effect as described above.
- Score on the long side 1 1/2″, 5 3/4″, 7 1/4″ and 11 1/2″.
- With the ombre on the right, score on the short side 1 1/2″
- Burnish all score lines.
- Remove the small 1/2″ section below the 1 1/2″ score line. Adhere Tear n’ Tape to the long 1/2″ section
- Cut up to the 1 1/2″ score line
- Fold over the bag to the Tear n’ Tape; fold up the bottom and adhere with Tear n’ Tape
- Pinch top; Wrap a length of Braided Linen Ribbon around the bag, tie in a bow
- Stamp the ‘Smile’ sentiment from the Daisy Lane stamp set in Blueberry Bushel. Punch out with the Tailored Tag Punch. Add you own ‘scrolly’ around the edge. Using the Tailored Tag Punch , punch another from Blueberry Bushel cs and cut in half. Adhere the white punched piece to the two sections of Blueberry Bushel creating an even border. Adhere with dimensionals to the bag. DONE!
- I want to give credit to Pootles for the wonderful video on YouTube that inspired this fun set. Thank you!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you liked this fun set. Remember this Flowering Foils paper is available during the rest of Sale-a-bration (Mar 31!) with a $50 order. In other words it;s a FREE ITEM!
May you have a beautiful day. Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.