This card is made with the Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies stamp set AND the Peaceful Moments stamp set for the sentiment. This is so bright and cheery – it would definitely lift someone’s spirits! I’m feeling so much better today after being a bit punky with a cold all week. Even went to the gym and did the eliptical for 25 minutes! YAY!! But on with the card. Here it is…
Here are the details…
- Thick Whisper White card base cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Layer Lovely Lipstick 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut Whisper White 3 3/4″ x 5″; stamp the single poppy from the Painted Poppies stamp set in the middle of the card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then stamp the string of Poppies in Tuxedo Black Memento ink so they surround the larger poppy.
- Using the second largest circle die, cut out the center. Using both light and dark Poppy Parade Stampin’ blends, color the poppies that were cut from the circle. Notice I left many of the tips of the flowers without color. I think it makes them look more real, plus it gives them depth.
- Using the largest circle die, cut a circle in Poppy Parade. Adhere the Painted Poppies circle to the Poppy Parade circle using liquid glue. You could put this section on dimensionals and it would look awesome too. I simply chose not to.
- Adhere this entire poppy design to the Lovely Lipstick paper using liquid glue.
- Take a piece of Real Red ribbon about 7 1/4″ in length and wrap around both these pieces. One way to keep it in place is to use snail directly to the ribbon then lay it on the paper. Works like magic! And if you use the grid paper while placing that ribbon, it will be super straight – works every time. Take another length of ribbon, make a bow and attach in the center with a glue dot.
- Put dimensionals on the back of the Lovely lipstick and adhere to the thick Whisper White card base.
- Take a Whisper White scrap, stamp the sentiment from Peaceful Moments in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and trim the ends as shown. Add dimensionals to the back of the strip and adhere to the card front. Voila!!!
I’ve used three shades of red on this card (Lovely Lipstick, Poppy Parade and Real Red) and they look great together – at least I think so. Stampin’ Up! does such a good job of coordinating their colors that it is easy to combine various shades of one color. After all – it’s what Mother Nature does 🙂
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you like this Painted Poppies card. It was extra fun to create. Want to join me in creating cards? Please contact me at TLsBrightSpot@gmail.com. It’s always more fun to have a partner with whom to brainstorm, connect and create.
Remember that Sale-a-bration ends March 31 with all those free products. It will still be possible to order from the catalogue until Jun 1 but all those freebies ends Mar 31. Just sayin’.
When you order from me, please use the current HOST CODE: XYW2SYNV. With a purchase of $50, you receive a free item of your choice not to exceed $10. Just let me know what that item is so I can place the order and get it on it’s way to you. One item per customer per month please. Thank you!
May you have a beautiful day. Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
Leave a Reply