I really enjoy coloring, so using the blends is very relaxing to me. How about for you? This card in particular was pretty simple & easy to do. What makes a difference in a card are the details. For instance, did you notice the coloring on the background? That was done oh so casually with both light and dark Stampin Blends. It’s a bit too straight for my liking but for today we’re going with it.
Here are the details:
- Very Vanilla card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″ – opens from the left
- Poppy Parade layer 4 7/8″ x 3 5/8″, put on card with dimesionals
- Shimmer card layer 4 3/4″ x 3 3/8″: use Stampin blends Petal Pink to color, alternating light and dark. Adhere Shimmer paper to the Poppy Parade layer with liquid glue.
- Stamp the flower in Memento black ink; color flowers with Poppy Parade blends light and dark; color leaves with Call Me Clover blends light and dark; color berries with light Poppy Parade; cut out with appropriate die and adhere with dimentionals onto the Shimmer paper.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Basic Black cs with Versamark ink. (Use the embossing buddy first to clear the cs of static) Dip into white embossing powder, flicking off excess, and heat emboss. Adhere to card fron with dimensionals.
- YAY! Front is done…
Inside… I wanted to keep this really simple so stamped one of the flower bouquet on the bottom right side in Memento black ink.
Envelope… Again, wanted it to be simple but eye-catching so dry embossed a 6″ x 2 1/4″ Poppy Parade with the Coastal Weave 3D embossing folder. This was adhered with liquid glue and cut to fit.
This card could so easily be done in most any shade using the Stampin Blends. Whatever color you use for the flower, coordinate the underlying paper and the envelope flap. YAY! Can’t wait to see what you do with this stamp set.
OK, after writing this post, I just had to share the rest of the cards I created. I had a class Monday night and did some extra stamping to share how to move the light and dark blends. Here are several:
Enjoy creating, crafting, sharing. Please use my HOST CODE 2TMMA9HX if your order is over $50 and I will send you a free $10 .item of your choice. One freebie per customer per month, thank you!
Leave a Reply