Hello… it’s Saturday… big plans this weekend? I have a couple of folks coming for an ‘in person’ class: masked, physically distanced and other restrictions. As long as I keep these small and folks adhere to the guidelines, I feel it’s worthwhile and working. Other than that, it’s pretty quiet here: snow is due to begin tomorrow night and into Monday. We really haven’t had any to speak of, at least none to stick or stay., so I’m looking forward to it. :O)
What I have in the way of a card today uses the Lots of Heart bundle, which includes the Many Hearts Dies. It is an AMAZING bundle and another first with my playing seriously with it. My directions will be limited… cuz you really need to check a video by demonstrator Dawn Griffith. But I’ll give you card cuts and some tips to help.
Isn’t this pretty? Sahara Sand mixes so nicely with Basic White. It mixes with other colors too but this is what I wanted to use. I began with Thick Basic White card stock for the card base (8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4). I then cut 2 panels of Sahara Sand card stock (4 x 5 1/4) and ran them through the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder. I also made sure I had a panel of Basic White card stock for the inside of the card (4 x 5 1/4) and some extra Basic White pieces (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) for the die cuts. Preparing everything ahead makes putting the card together pretty easy. Die cut the two hearts for the front of the card from the same panel of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Basic White card stock. Die cut a heart from Love You Always Specialty DSP in Sahara Sand. Adhere the delicate heart die cut piece from the Basic White to the DSP heart with liquid glue. Adhere this to the scalloped heart with dimensionals and set aside.
Now let’s make a template 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. From the top left corner, measure on the long side 3 1/2″ and mark. From the same top left corner, measure on the short side 2 3/4″ and mark. Now draw a diagonal line connecting the two marks and cut along the line. Label the triangle as shown below. Your template should look like this:
- Using repositionable seal, cover the small triangle on both sides. REPOSITIONABLE seal is key! (Stampin’ Up! does not currently have this product.)
- Lay your card base on the table in the closed position with the fold at the top. Place the triangle with the template label facing up and the repositionable seal on the upper left corner and with your bone folder, score along the diagonal line.
- Remove the triangle and turn the card base over, keeping the fold at the top.
- Turn the triangle over so the writing is against the card stock and place in the upper right corner. Score as on the other side. Remove triangle. Burnish the fold lines. It should look like this:
- Now it is time to trim the card stock panels for adhering to the card. Let’s begin with the embossed piece for the front….
- Using the triangle, place it on the embossed panel on the left corner with the long edge of the triangle along the long edge of the panel. Side edge and top edge must be even. Cut along the diagonal line, removing the corner. Discard this corner. Adhere the panel to the card front.
- The heart is ready for placement on the front left corner… make certain it is not above the fold line of the card stock (this will allow the card to fit in a standard envelope).
adhere with liquid glue.
- Make a double bow using the 1/4″ Crinkled Ribbon in Whisper White and adhere with a glue dot. Your card front is complete – hip hip hooray!
For the inside…
Remember you embossed a second panel of Sahara Sand 4 x 5 1/4… place the re-positionable triangle in the lower left corner with the long side of the triangle on the long side of the embossed panel. Cut along the diagonal… RESERVE THE TRIANGLE! Adhere the large panel to the top inside of the card with liquid glue.
Now prepare the lower panel of basic White (4 x 5 1/4)…
- Lay the re-positionable triangle on the top left corner just as you did the front embossed panel. Cut along the diagonal… RESERVE THE TRIANGLE! Adhere the large panel to the bottom of the card with liquid glue.
- Take both reserved triangles and lay together, the embossed piece right side up, the Basic White panel against it, matching all the edges. Trim off 1/2″ ON THE SHORT SIDE OF BOTH TRIANGLES…. this can be done by placing the triangles at the bottom of your trimmer with the long side against the edge of the trimmer.
- Adhere the triangles to the appropriate corners with liquid glue. You are almost done and it’s gorgeous already! See photo above…
Prepare the heart for the inside of the card by using the plaid heart in the Lots of Heart stamp set… stamp on a Basic White panel with Shara Sand ink and die cut with the appropriate heart die in the Many Hearts Dies. I die cut the heart border and adhered it with liquid glue. Die cut a tiny heart using Cherry Cobbler card stock and cover with Wink of Stella. Adhere to the stamped heart with a mini glue dot. Adhere this to the inside of the card, making certain it does not block the closing of the card. MAKE CERTAIN THE WINK OF STELLA IS THOROUGHLY DRY BEFORE CLOSING THE CARD! (ask me how I know that 🥴)
To embellish the bottom of the card…
- With Sahara Sand card stock, cut the ‘bubble’ for the word love using the Always Dies. Die cut the word itself in Basic White card stock and adhere to the bubble with liquid glue.
- Die cut the word ‘you” with Sahara Sand card stock using the Well Wishes framelits.
- Die cut the sweet scrolly hearts with Basic White card stock using the Many Hearts Dies. I only used two of the scrolly hearts but die cut the whole strip so I could use them later.
- Determine placement for these three pieces: word ‘love’, word ‘you’, and scolly hearts and adhere with liquid glue and your card is complete!!!
Not so hard, was it? You do have to pay attention to the triangle cutting, but really, not a difficult card.
The envelope… Cover the envelope flap with the Love You Always Specialty DSP, trim to fit. For the front of the envelope, it would be nice to add more of the scrolly hearts. I didn’t think of it until just now, so since I have them left over, I probably will.
This could so easily be a wedding or anniversary card. I would add two hearts to the card front if that were the case. This however is going to … oh I almost said who! Can’t do that – they read the posts… 😊
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Jan 21 – Feb 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $50 purchase
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $100 purchase
- Review of card cuts for todays project
- TEMPLATE PANEL 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
- Thick Basic White card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 score at 4 1/4 with additional scoring required
- Sahara Sand 4 x 5 1/4 (2), embossed
- Basic White 4 x 5 1/4
- Additional pieces of Basic white for die cuts 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (2)
- Additional scrap of Sahara Sand for die cut bubble
- Cherry Cobbler scrap for tiny heart
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card made with love.