Happy Happy 2023!I’ve been a bit out of the loop for a bit – hubby had surgery & my attention was all about that, then Christmas & family – and now, here we are. I hope you had a really good holiday, however you celebrate things. Ours was quieter, of course, but still wonderful. We are so blessed with wonderful family. – and hubby is improving every day. 👍🙏
My card today is a sneaky peek at one of the HOST stamp options for the Jan-Apr 2023 Mini Catalog, which will be available come Jan 5. And that’s just really soon! I’ve also used some DSP that is free with a qualifying order during the Jan-Feb Sale-a-bration period – Dainty Flowers DSP.
Isn’t this a cute, sassy frog? I’m going to name him Alfred – and no, I have no idea where that came from. 😀 You can see there are no flowers on this side of the Dainty Flowers DSP – it looks similar to watercolors – love, love. And the hinge flap has a sentiment from another new stamp set called Sending Support – also FREE with a qualifying order during Jan-Feb Sale-a-bration. I’ve die cut the sentiment with Stylish Shapes Dies. I extended the length of the die cut a bit to make the sentiment fit. But I’ll explain that.
Hinge Flap Fun Fold:
- Cut card base 81/2 x 5 1/2 and score at 4 1/4 on the long side.
- Trim off 1 1/2 from the long side; score this at 4 1/4
- Adhere this strip to the card base about 3/4″ from bottom with the fold on the edge (I adhered it lower and don’t like where it is!) This is now your hinge flap!
- Cut panels of DSP: front – 1 3/4 x 2 1/2; hinge flap – 1 1/4 x 4; inside – 1 3/4 x 4; envelope flap – 2 1/4 x 6
- Cut Basic White panels: front – 2 1/2 x 4; inside 4 x 5 1/4; sentiment banner for hinge flap 1 1/4 x 3
- On the front panel:
- Stamp the frog in Old Olive – this is a two-step stamp, so stamp the inner then the outline
- Stamp the log in Soft Suede – again aa two-step stamp, stamp the inner then then outline stamp
- Stamp the bee in Crushed Curry & Memento inks – CC for the wings, then the body in Memento
- Add this panel to the card front
- On the inside panel:
- Add the 1 3/4 x 4 DSP to the far right edge
- Stamp the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink using the Sending Support stamp set
- Adhere this to the inside of the card, covering where the hinge flap is attached
- On the hinge flap:
- Add DSP to the flap (1 1/4 x 4)
- Stamp the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink from Sending Support stamp set on the remaining Basic White strip
- Die cut using the Stylish Shapes Dies: Die cut about 2/3 of length by placing the top cutting plate so it covers just 2/3 of die; run it through the die cutting machine; replace die to cover other end of stamped sentiment, matching or lining up die, then placing top cutting plate just over that area to be die cut, run it through the die cutting machine – and done!
- Attache die cut sentiment to hinge flap with dimensionals
- Add Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels to both hinge flap and card front
All that’s left to do now is the envelope & it is so easy…
- Add 2 1/4 x 6 piece of Dainty Flowers DSP to the envelope flap & trim to fit
- Stamp the small bees 3 times on envelope front in Crushed Curry ink using the At The Pond stamp set
What a fun stamp set! Can’t wait to get your hands on this? I couldn’t either… Would love you to JOIN MY TEAM and be a part of this fabulous community. you may do that here.
If you would like to order any of the products to make this card from my online store or any other items, that’s really easy to do. And remember to use my current HOST CODE UBG3N32X to earn credit from me. Here’s how it works… when you place an order of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you receive from me a SU! item valued up to $10 + Star-Studded Rewards. If your order exceeds $150, do not use my HOST CODE as SU! has it’s own rewards from which you may choose. You will still receive that FREE ITEM valued up to $10 from me + the Star-Studded Rewards 😀👍
My Star-Studded Rewards as a THANK YOU
For every $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards , $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc. When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what??? You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order. For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10. Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: UBG3N32X Click here to go my store.
Leave a Reply