Happy Monday… it’s also Memorial Day, a day in which we give thanks to those who gave their lives for this country, for our freedom to think, to speak, to worship. Many have no idea what that really means ~ the ultimate sacrifice. Let me say, it’s a privilege to be an American citizen. There are incidences that occur that do not make me proud, and yet, we strive to do better, to be better. On this day as we consider the full meaning of Memorial Day, may we strive to be a better citizen, a better member of this country, a better person.
Today’s card is made with several items from the Stampin’ Up family… the Pretty Flowers embossing folder, Pocket Envelope Dies, Tea Boutique 6×6 DSP, Penned Flowers Dies, Go to Greetings stamp set and Opal Rounds. And, there may be one or two other items as well. :O) I love the Tea Boutique 6×6 DSP – so many ideas float through my head. One of the papers I especially like is the one with the cutest little envelopes with flowers sticking out of it. I pulled out the Pocket Envelope Dies and made a cute pocket for a special note inside it. I used the Go To Greetings stamp set to stamp the sentiment for the note in Orchid Oasis ink. Before I get toon far, here’s the completed card.
It’s funny how we can see things in a photo we didn’t notice before… for instance, the bow sdhould be straight on the ‘pocket’. Oh well, that cannot be changed now! That cute bow is made with one of the dies in the Envelope Dies. It comes in two pieces and I added the largest of the Opal Rounds on the bow. This is one of ‘hand deliver’ kind of cards as the bow would be crushed in the mail. And that cue bow would be adorable on small gift boxes. Yet, I digress :O)
The card base is Orchid Oasis card stock with a layer of Basic White, then another layer of Orchid Oasis run through the Pretty Flowers EF. You know, there are two sides that can be used with this EF: embossed and what I’ll call de-bossed. One side has more raised impressions and other more outline.
Can you see the difference in the two? I chose to use side 2. And here’s the back side of the ‘pocket’ and where I added Tear ‘n Tape to adhere it to the card front.
One thing to notice is side 2 of the DSP, cuz this will show at the top of the pocket. While I added a ‘note’ inside it, it does still show, so just be aware of that when putting your card or something else together. The size of the ‘note’ is about the size of a credit card, if not just a bit longer. I wanted the sentiment on it to show. :O) Orchid Oasis for the note base and a Basic White piece adhered to it after stamping. Nothing else.
For the inside of the card, I wanted to carry out the idea of the envelope on the DSP, filled with flowers. The Pocket Envelope Dies has small leaves, so I die cut several of those in Garden Green. The flowers were die cut from Penned Flowers Dies in both Fresh Freesia and Orchid Oasis. I used small scraps to adhere to the back side of the flowers contrasting the background. I thought we had an envelope die, maybe in a past set… anyway, I created my own kind of ‘willy nilly’.
Didn’t this turn out sweet? It looks very similar to the ‘envelope bouquet on the DSP! The leaves were all adhered with dabs of liquid glue while many of the flowers have mini dimensionals on the back to create depth – even though it’s the inside of the card. This is probably my favorite part of this card ~ the inside.
OK, the envelope… an embossed piece of Orchid Oasis was added to the flap and a bouquet was stamped in Memento ink on the front, then colored with Fresh freesia and Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Blends. That very sweet bouquet is from Happiness Abounds stamp set.
Here’s a photo of the card, envelope.
Products to make this card are listed below. If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me (the 2022-2023 AC) – happy to send one to you. When ordering, please also use current host code: AZQDZ4U4. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Let’s talk starter kit… New In Colors, New 2022-2023 Annual Catalog release
Starter Kit Price: $99 USD | $135 CAD
Redemption Value: $125 USD | $165 CAD
Additional In Color Products: $66.50 USD | $91.25 CAD
In Color Grid Paper, In Color Ink Pad Collection, In Color Cardstock Collection, and In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments.
You’ll also get a free Paper Pumpkin kit!
PROMOTION DATES: 3–31 MAY 2022
Time is getting short my friends… today is the 30th and you have until the 31st to join with this fabulous promotion. What ARE you waiting for??? It isn’t often an opportunity like this comes along – to join with such fantastic benefits. I haven’t seen this in some time. So, if the idea is a fleeting one, grab hold of it and join.
Order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here.
Just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator AND part of our Critters ‘n Creatin’ Krew Team:
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items about a month before they are available to customers!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- Stampin’ Up! does have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that.
If you join with me, you’ll also get:
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. Team members are located all over the United States, but we still get together in person online and have lots of fun.
- Quarterly in-person meetings if you live in the NJ or surrounding area, where we get together to do a little stamping, creating, getting to know one another and most of all SHARE inspiration. If you live outside the NJ area you can join us through that wonderful ZOOM video conference.
- Free access to our online class tutorials. These are exceptional!
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes for reaching sales and team goals or attending specific meetings. 😉
- The best part is the laughing and kidding and sharing of information/ creativity/ talent ~ following the SU! adage: Inspire. Create. Share. ❤️ 😁
Join our incredible group of crafters and creators.
If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here
Remember to connect with me if you do not have a demonstrator and need a catalog.