Hi Everyone! Welcome to our Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! There are some super projects for you today – so be sure to follow along to see what everyone has created.
And here is our color challenge for this week.
And here’s the card I created for the challenge.
This is as wonderful NEW bundle, the Bottled of Happiness which has a Vintage Bottle Punch that coordinates with it. That’s the light green bottle (Pool Party ink) in the photo that uses the punch. :O) I’ve used the Wisteria Dies (NEW BUNDLE: Wisteria Wishes bundle) for the leaves, to add that ‘this is outside’ idea :O) The sentiment (on Vellum) is stamped in Calypso Coral ink from the Nature’s Prints stamp set (again – NEW) and die cut with one of the Circle Dies. I stamped the floral stamp in Highland Heather ink from the Bottled Happiness stamp set. Now, let me give you some details…
To begin, I stamped the two-step bottle in Pool Party ink using the Bottled Happiness stamp set. I then punched that image with the Vintage Bottle Punch and put dimensionals on the back, but did not remove the covers. I decided exactly where I wanted the bottle on the Basic White panel (3 1/2 x 5), removed the punched bottle and stamped with the Bottled Happiness stamp in Highland Heather ink. I then stamped the squatty bottle in Evening Evergreen ink and the cork in Crumb Cake ink. Now adhere the Pool Party bottle.
I wanted this to look as though the bottles were outside, so I die cut leaves/ branches using the Wisteria Dies in both Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent card stocks. I also stamped directly on the Basic White panel, the same leaf image using the Wisteria Wishes stamp set in Evening Evergreen ink, then stamped again on a scrap of Basic White, die cut this image with the Wisteria Dies, and added Wink of Stella to several of the leaves. You can see the added sparkle in the photo below.
The Basic White die cut leaves/ branch were adhered with mini dimensionals, then the Soft Succulent die cut leaves/ branches were added on that with liquid glue. Additional leaves/ branches die cut (Wisteria Dies) from Evening Evergreen card stock were adhered directly to the panel with liquid glue.
For the sentiment, I stamped on Vellum in Calypso Coral ink using the Nature’s Prints stamp set (love this font & sentiment – it’s super friendly). Since ink takes a bit of time to dry on Vellum, I used my Heat Tool to set the ink quickly. I die cut this with the Layering Circles Dies and adhered with Stampin ‘ Seal so it didn’t show.
The Basic White Panel was added to a piece of Pretty Prints DSP, NEW(4 x 5 1/4) and adhered directly to the Calypso Coral card base (4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2).
For the inside, I used a Blending Brush to add some color to the Basic White panel (4 x 5 1/4) all around the edges and across the top most especially. I kept it soft. I stamped the sentiment from Bottled Happiness stamp set in Evening Evergreen ink. The panel was adhered to the inside of the card with liquid glue and the card was done!
For the envelope, I added more Calypso Coral card stock to the flap and trimmed it to fit. It probably should have been embossed, but I didn’t. For the front, I stamped the word Cheer from the Bottled Happiness stamp set by taping off the upper portion of the sentiment, inking the stamp in Evening Evergreen ink, removing the tape and stamping it on the envelope front – and did this three times.
So the color combination is not something I would normally do – but I really like how it all came together – outside my comfort zone and all that. It is good to s-t-r-e-t-c-h ourselves. And I really am liking all the new stamp sets / dies that I used. It’s fun to coordinate and mix.
You may have come from the artistic blog of Tara Carpenter – so welcome, hope you enjoyed my card. To follow along the hop, you may go directly to Amy Koenders by clicking the ‘next’ button or click on any name to go to that blog site. Enjoy the hop!
Terry Lynn Bright ~ you are here!
Products to order this card are listed below. If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me (the 2022-2023 AC) – happy to send one to you. When ordering, please also use current host code: AZQDZ4U4. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Let’s talk starter kit… New In Colors, New 2022-2023 Annual Catalog release
Starter Kit Price: $99 USD | $135 CAD
Redemption Value: $125 USD | $165 CAD
Additional In Color Products: $66.50 USD | $91.25 CAD
In Color Grid Paper (more information on this item will be provided 3 May), In Color Ink Pad Collection, In Color Cardstock Collection, and In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments.
You’ll also get a free Paper Pumpkin kit!
PROMOTION DATES: 3–31 MAY 2022
Join our incredible group of crafters and creators.
If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here.
Just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator AND part of our Critters ‘n Creatin’ Krew Team:
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items about a month before they are available to customers!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- Stampin’ Up! does have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that.
If you join with me, you’ll also get:
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. Team members are located all over the United States, but we still get together in person online and have lots of fun.
- Quarterly in-person meetings if you live in the NJ or surrounding area, where we get together to do a little stamping, creating, getting to know one another and most of all SHARE inspiration. If you live outside the NJ area you can join us through that wonderful ZOOM video conference.
- Free access to our online class tutorials. These are exceptional!
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes for reaching sales and team goals or attending specific meetings. 😉
- The best part is the laughing and kidding and sharing of information/ creativity/ talent ~ following the SU! adage: Inspire. Create. Share. ❤️ 😁
If you would like to be a part of all the above AND enjoy that 20% discount,
join my team now… you may do that here.
Contact me if you do not have a demonstrator and I will send a catalog & additional info. When ordering, please also use current host code: AZQDZ4U4. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up!, the item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. Happy shopping!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply