Happy Monday! It’s bright & sunshiny here today, but brrrr cold. I hope you had a cozy weekend, a time to relax and a time to play with maybe just a little bit of work mixed in – balance. It’s all about balance, isn’t it?
Today’s card is another using this fabulous tulip pattern from the Flowering Fields 12 x 12 DSP pack. I really like this pattern and well, I just needed to create with it again. :O) This is such a fun layout and a post by Amy Koenders way back in November inspired me. Yesterday I posted a card made with this same pattern of DSP but bordered with Poppy Parade. Today I’ve used Pear Pizzazz and it gives the DSP a different look. The background paper is from this same pack, just not the flowery side 🙂 Here are the details…
- Prepare a card base (Pear Pizzazz) 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Cut a panel of Flowering Fields DSP 3 1/2 x 4 3/4; cut in half lengthwise; cut right half 1 3/4 x 1 3/4, then 1 3/4 x 2 3/4
- Adhere pieces to Pear Pizzazz: 1 7/8 x 4 7/8; 1 7/8 x 1 7/8; 1 7/8 x 2 7/8. Put dimensionals on back and adhere, large left panel first, the the right pieces.
- Slip a length of Crinkled Seam Binding in White behind the lower panels and tie a bow, securing at the knot with a glue dot.
- Stamp the sentiment from Flowing Flowers stamp set in Evening Evergreen ink on a Basic White strip; trim right end at an angle; put dimensionals on back and add over the ribbon.
- For a final bit of bling, add three Opal Rounds ~ and the card front is done!
For the inside…
- Stamp the leaves from Flowering Rain Boots in Pear Pizzazz ink on a post it note & fussy cut to create a mask – set aside
- Stamp the leaves from Flowering Rain boots in Pear Pizzazz in on a Basic White panel 4 x 5 1/4
- Lay the mask on top of the leaves and stamp the flower pot in Calypso Coral ink, again using the Flowering Rain Boots stamp set
- Stamp the flower tops in Poppy Parade ink, making sure to only stamp the needed flower heads. And yes, these are from Flowering Rain Boots stamp set.
- Using a Stamparatus for proper alignment, stamp the sentiment from Flowing Flowers stamp set in Evening Evergreen ink.
- Add panel to the inside of the card with liquid glue.
For the envelope….
All I did to the envelope is simply add the same Flowering Fields 12 x 12 DSP that I used for the background on the front of the card, to the envelope flap ~ and it’s ready for mailing! If the mailman hasn’t arrived yet, this will go to a friend who just had a knee replacement. She loves a handmade card!
So, what do you think? Like this card? Or do you prefer yesterday’s card? Here it is for a comparison.
Interesting how similar and yet different these two cards are, just by using different coordinating card stock and some trimming. Would love to know if you have a preference between the two.
Sale-a-bration is from 4 Jan to 28 Feb ~ that means placing orders during this time can earn you some FREE PRODUCTS. What are you waiting for??? Products are listed below so feel free to order away :O) If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. AND… I have the Jan-Jun 2022 Mini Catalog and the 4 January to 28 February 2022 Sale-a-bration catalogs and can send those as well! When ordering, please also use current host code: R6D2 7PHD. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Of course, right now you get all those fabulous FREE Sale-a-bration items too. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
When you as a customer reach the qualifying purchase amount required to earn a free Sale-A-Bration item, Stampin’ Up! will let you know by highlighting the “rewards” icon. This will allow you to choose from multiple reward options depending on the total amount of your shopping cart. Before checking out, you can easily select which products you want!
If you decides to sign up as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive two free stamp sets after picking all of the products you want in your Starter Kit. The stamp sets need to be live at the time of picking them, so anything you see in a current catalog or at stampinup.com is eligible. Remember, the two free stamp sets are available if you join now through the end of February.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply