This is the last Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop for 2021… and I cannot believe it. Where did 2021 go? Despite all the challenges during the year, it has gone F-A-S-T and I think there may have been a couple of times when it felt as though I was off the ‘merry-go-’round’. Lately I have been computer challenged. I don’t know what went wrong b ut I was locked out of my computer. I could text and that was about it. Wierd… but now, well, it seems to be ok again. Let’s hope for that!
Today’s hop is all about fun folds. Let’s take a look at what we’ve got.
I had fun creating today’s card. I haven’t been in my craft room for a couple of days; we had family here and my craft room is also a bedroom :O). Needless to say, the room was being used by our granddaughter and we loved having her here – and the rest of the family too BTW! but it did limit my productivity :o) Having the computer go on the blitz just prior to their arrival didn’t help matters any. 😩
The theme as you saw above is a fun fold – and this is a super easy one. It’s similar to a card within a card, with a hole in the middle of the card front.
As I said, super easy to create.
- Card base is So Saffron card stock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Designer Series Paper is Sunshine & Rainbows 6 x 6 DSP cut to 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 adhered directly to the card front. (This DSP is free with a $50 order beginning Jan 4 from the new Jan-Jun 2022 Mini Catalog) hint, hint.
- Die cut the center with the Tailor Made Tag Dies. (You could use the Layering Circles Dies and a different stamp set for a completely different look.)
- Die cut the cute rainbow & tag using the Brilliant Rainbow Dies. Reserve the cutouts for the rainbow in this small die!
- Cut a panel of Basic White card stock 5 1/4 x 8 1/4 and score at 4. (This will become your inner panels with the fold on the right.)
- Place the ‘liner’ on the inside of the card without adhering it to the inside of the card. Adhere the ‘tag’ to the ‘front’ of the inner card piece. Remember, the inner liner fold is on the right. Decorate.
- Adhere the tag cut from the card front using the Tailor Made Tag Dies. (I did this by laying the inner panel on the inside of the card, closed the card front over this [the die cut opening will show]) and attached the die cut with Stampn’ Seal. This will allow the tag to ‘fit in’ the die cut of the card front :O) Add the ribbon by tying it in a knot and cutting fairly short so the card easily opens/ closes. The ribbon is Just Jade Open Weave Ribbon.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set in Magenta Madness ink on a Basic White panel. Die cut with the small rainbow ‘tag’ die from the coordinating Brilliant Rainbow dies. Reserve the rainbow cutouts!
- Adhere this stamped rainbow ‘tag’ with dimensionals to the die cut tag with the DSP on it. Color the rainbow cutouts with Stampin Blends: Dark Magenta Madness, Dark So Saffron, Dark Pool Party and Petal Pink Marker for the smallest. Adhere behind the rainbow die cut with just dabs of liquid glue. I used tweezers to hold and place easily.
- Stamp randomly around the larger tag with the thank you stamp from Rainbow of Happiness stamp set in various ink colors: So Saffron, Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Magenta Madness.
- Open the card insert and stamp the rainbow: Magenta Madness & So Saffron inks – of course using the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set.
- Stamp the rainbow pattern in Pool Party ink and the sentiment in Petal Pink ink.
- Stamp the hearts from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set in Magenta Madness ink.
- Adhere this panel to the inside of the card, lining up the card front tag hole, then closing the card to adhere. Works like a charm! And voila… the card is finished!
For the envelope, I stamped the lines in Pool Party ink and the sentiment in So Saffron ink. I added more Sunshine & Rainbow 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap and called it done.
Here’s a photo of the stamp set and coordinating dies, plus both sides of the DSP. This is such fun paper… lively colors and fun designs. I have several thank you cards to make and think this stamp set/ dies/ DSP are going to fit that need!
Such fun patterns!
If you do not have a demonstrator and are interested in the Annual Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. AND… I now have the Jan-Jun 2022 Mini Catalog and the 4 January to 28 February 2022 Sale-a-bration catalogs and can send those as well! When ordering, please also use current host code: UQ6U2WQZ I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Paper Share information is below… registration ends Jan 2, 2022 – yikes, just a few days days away.
Follow along the hop to see some fantastical projects by this Krew! You may use the ‘next’ button or click on a name to take you to that person’s blog. Either way – enjoy the hop!
Terry Lynn Bright ~ YOU ARE HERE!
Below is my paper share deal… take a peek and let me know if you’re interested. If you are a regular and or local customer, I will accept cash or a check from you prior to placing the order. If you haven’t received your catalog from me yet, know it is on the way and should arrive SOON!
TLsBrightSpot DSP Share – $21 – Plus $5.50 for First Class Shipping
(Or pick up at my home, no shipping)
Included in the share are 69 – 6″ x 6″ sheets (except for Abstract Beauty – those are pre-cut at 4″ x 6″!) of fabulous new Designer Series Papers and some fun Specialty Papers, too! If you wanted to buy one of each of these packs of papers it would be about $120 – plus shipping! UGH… this is just a great opportunity to see the papers and determine which will be on your next order :O)
- Abstract Beauty Specialty 4″ x 6″ DSP – 12 sheets
- Artfully Composed DSP – 6 sheets
- Flowering Fields DSP – 6 sheets
- Heart & Home DSP – 6 sheets
- Hey Sports Fan DSP – 6 Sheets
- New Horizons 6″ x 6″ DSP – 12 sheets
- Sweet Talk DSP – 6 sheets
- Symbols of Fortune Specialty DSP – 6 sheets
- Supple Shimmer Specialty Paper – 2 sheets – one each color
- Vellum 12″ x 12″ Layering Designs – 6 sheets – 2 each of 3 designs
- Mother of Pearl 12″ x 12″ Specialty Paper – 1 sheet
Want a DOUBLE Share? $42- Plus $8.50 for Priority Shipping
With a Double Share – you’ll get 138 sheets of DSP and specialty paper! The designer paper sheets will be cut into 6×12 so you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the New Horizons 4″ x 6″ and Abstract Beauty 6″ x 6″ DSPs – you’ll get double sheets of those as they are already pre-cut).
Included as a free gift from Me! – For participating in the share, you will receive samples of the papers from the Jan – Feb 2022 Sale-A-Bration Brochure! That includes samples of papers from the Daffodil Afternoon, Sunshine & Rainbows, & Simply Marbleous Sale-a-bration DSP packs! Such fun papers!
Anyone is welcome to participate in this paper share. Unfortunately, I can only ship to addresses within the US. I accept PayPal and payment by Venmo. I’ll need your name (first & last) + the email address associated with your PayPal account. Just remember, I’ll need payment before I submit your order, thank you!
Product availability has been a bit troubling. Stampin’ Up! has advised us there may be some items unavailable when the catalog goes live. If that happens, I’ll adjust and refund as necessary. Questions? Tlsbrightspot@gmail.com
Deadline to sign up for the shares is Sunday, 2 Jan 2022 at 8pm EST!!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Make someone happy by creating a handmade gift and or card – or both!
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply