Happy Friday everyone! It’s a fun fold kind of day :O) and I’m doing one I haven’t done before. It isn’t difficult but it does demand preciseness in scoring and cutting. It’s called an Arrow Fold… and here it is. No wonder it’s called an arrow fold, right?
Besides the fun fold, what makes this stand out are two things: the Harvest Meadow DSP & the gorgeous flowers which I am calling Coneflowers. Love the contrast of the color on the flowers with the Misty Moonlight paper! When I was researching this fold, there are lots of videos making this a fairly large 6×6 card, but I didn’t want something that big. The process is still the same, despite the size. The difference is in the scoring and where that second score it. Let’s get to it, shall we?
Basic – step 1
- Cut the card base 4 1/4 x 11 (Misty Moonlight for this card), scored at 5 1/2
- Cut two panels of Basic White 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 + one square at1 7/8″
- Cut one panel of DSP (Harvest Meadow) 4 x 5 1/4 + one 1 3/4″ square (this is a contrasting DSP that is best non-directional, no stripe either)
Scoring & cutting – step 2
- Card base:
- Lay the card base full open with the front of the card facing you. Mark the center point at the bottom front (2 1/4″)
- Score from the top right corner of the 5 1/2″ score line (the fold as it were) to the center mark.
- Now score from the top left corner (at the fold line) to the same center point
- With the front of the card base still facing you, mark 2″ up from the bottom front on both long sides
- Score from the 2″ mark to the center point (same point as before)
- Now the card front looks as though it has two ‘V’ score lines – four score lines total, all meeting at the same center point.
- FOLD the score lines ~ first the corner to center point scores fold to the inside (burnish well), THEN the two other scores are folded outward (burnish well)
- Basic White panels… Mark the center of each of the two Basic White panels – on the short side on the bottom. (2 1/16) Cut from the top right corner to the bottom center point, then cut from the top left corner to the same center point. Do this to both Basic White panels.
- DSP panel… Mark the center point at the bottom (2″) and cut from the top right corner to the center point. Now cut from the top left corner to the same center point
- Squares, both the Basic White square & the DSP square… cut in half on the diagonal, from one corner to the other.
Adhere appropriate panels together. There will be extra Basic White panels that have no DSP – that’s OK! Before adhering panels to the card, we need to use some liquid glue to hold the arrow on the card front in place.
- On the card front, fold in one of the long score areas (from corner to center) and add a light layer of liquid glue; hold in place until it is secure. Fold in the other long score area (corner to point) and adhere it in the same way. The other scored area is just loose at this point.
- Add the square pieces to the loose score points. Fold the last scored area, adhere a light bit of glue and hold in place.
This is the inside of another Arrow Fold card. The Misty Moonlight card may overlap somewhat.
Now adhere the panels to the card in this manner:
- Inside of card, two side panels first… wait to add the center panel until it has been stamped.
- Center fron panel
Decorate the front… Here I took a Stitched Triangle and cut from a Basic White piece. I stamped a splotch from Gorgeous Leaves stamp set in Sahara Sand ink. On another piece of Basic White I stamped the Coneflowers image in Memento Black ink using the Nature’s Harvest stamp set. I colored the leaves & stems in Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and the flowers in Calypso Coral & Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends I die cut the flower image with the Harvest Dies, put several dimensionals on the back and adhered it to the Stitched Triangle piece. I added a double bow of Linen Thread with a glue dot, then attached the triangle to the card front.
For the inside I stamped the sentiment from Nature’s Harvest stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink, then stamped the small floral image in Memento Black ink – also from Nature’s Harvest stamp set. I colored it with the same Stampin’ Blends: Smoky Slate for the stems/ leaves, Calypso Coral & Cajun Craze for the flowers. I attached this piece with liquid glue in between the two DSP panels, making certain the areas were as even as possible. Voila! Love this!!!
Here’s another Arrow Fold card with slightly different score lines.
This card was made just a bit differently… the panel on the inside of the card was a solid one with the white panel adhered over the top. I don’t like it as much done that way. I used the Layering Circle Dies with basic White, Real Red & Vellum then a Wonderful Snowflake on top with a Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the center. The stamp set was Snowman Season for the images & sentiments and of course the Peaceful Prints DSP which was a FREE item during Sale-a-bration. The side marking was 2 3/4 in lieu of 2″. And let’s see, I also used the Banners Pick a Punch to create the banner for the front. Oh, and I added Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the banner.
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: 26QYRFXB I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Nothing beats a handmade card. Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply