Hi everyone ~ how’s your Saturday? It’s another cool morning here on the East coast AND it’s also Labor day weekend! Being a Shore Community we get lots of traffic and it began in earnest pretty early in the day. We were out in our little 16′ sailboat when a wall of Cigarette boats came screaming toward us. This type of boat is obnoxiously loud, so much so that earplugs should probably be used ~ and when 25 come, well, it’s less than nice. Just sayin’, it would be good if we could outlaw them on our little river.
The card today is yet another Christmas card and made with the Tidings & Trimmings bundle (Christmas Trimmings Dies).
What do you think? Rather striking isn’t it? The Gold foil & Very Vanilla card stock make a nice contrast. Here’s what I did…
- On a Very vanilla panel I used one of the Blending Brushes and Sahara Sand ink to create a soft background
- I used my Sahara Sand Marker to splatter some color all over the panel. This is done with the large tip end being flicked downward against the cap of the marker. It makes little dots, splatters, and you control how much is on the paper.
- I layered this to a piece of Evening Evergreen card stock just slightly larger.
- I die cut the star from a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and the star overlay from Gold foil. These were adhered together with dots of liquid glue. I put dimensionals on the back and set it aside.
- I had a 1/2″ strip of Tidings & Trimmings 6×6 DSP, some Scalloped Lace Trim and a 1/4″ strip of Cherry Cobbler that I layered together and added to the card front with liquid glue.
- I attached the star off-center with the dimensionals.
- I stamped the leaves on Very Vanilla scraps: Evening Evergreen ink & Soft Succulent ink with the Tidings & Trimmings stamp set & die cut them with the Christmas Trimmings Dies.
- I die cut several holly leaves from more of the Gold foil and a couple of small stars – yep, using the Christmas Trimmings Dies.
- I also die cut the berries from Real Red card stock and a leaf bunch from Evening Evergreen card stock with more dies from the Christmas Trimmings Dies.
- I layered these as you see them, with liquid glue
- Finally, I stamped the word Greetings on a small strip of Very Vanilla card stock and trimmed it, added dimensionals on the back and attached it under the ribbon.
- This entire panel was attached to the Thick Very vanilla card base with dimensionals. It COULD be adhered flat against the card stock if you wanted to do so.
The inside got a stamp with Evening Evergreen ink using the Tidings & Trimmings stamp set – and that was it. The Very Vanilla panel was added to the inside of the card. I must say, this looks a bit plain to me. I will probably add some of the same treatment as the front of the card: Blending Brush with Sahara Sand ink and then splatter with the Sahara Sand marker.
The envelope got some special treatment with the Gold embossing on the front: stamp in Versamark ink, sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder over it, then heat set. The envelope flap is covered with the same Tidings & Trimmings 6×6 DSP as is used on the card front. Done!
Hope you like… this was fun to do, mixing & matching, coordinating card stocks that work so easily together and just one bundle! This is such a versatile set ~ I would love to see what you do with it. How about a card NOT a Christmas card using this bundle? Could you do that?
If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. And when I send it, there will be a Sale-a-bration catalog in with it! That means more FREE items to choose from with every order of $50, or $100 or multiples of that. Please also use my current host code U7F3EZE9 when ordering. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Remember that Sale-a-bration is now through September 30! It’s the best time to buy (lots of free product) & JOIN ~ read on…
It is during this period that when you place an order of $50 or increments of that, there are FREE items available in the Sale-a-bration catalog. Stampin’ Up! does not usually offer more than one sale-a-bration in a year, but this year, they DID! WooHoo – fun products too… Again, contact me if you do not have a catalog.
How do you pre-earn Sale-A-Bration products? It’s simple! For every $50 USD | $60 CAD and $100 USD | $120 CAD you spend, you’ll be able to take your pick of Sale-A-Bration products to add to your order—for free
And if you JOIN and become a demonstrator during Sale-a-bration… you have the opportunity to get one of the bundles below FREE!
|OIN BUNDLE OPTIONS||PRICE||LIMIT|
|156795||Arctic Bears Bundle||$47.50 USD | $64.75 CAD||1|
|156819||Beauty Of Tomorrow Bundle||$50.25 USD | $68.25 CAD||1|
|156801||Christmas Season Bundle||$54.00 USD | $73.75 CAD||1|
|156806||Christmas To Remember Bundle||$60.25 USD | $81.75 CAD||1|
|156807||Frosted Gingerbread Bundle||$48.50 USD | $66.50 CAD||1|
|158609||Gorgeous Leaves Bundle||$44.00 USD | $60.25 CAD||1|
|156813||Nature’s Harvest Bundle||$53.00 USD | $72.75 CAD||1|
|156816||Peaceful Cabin Bundle||$54.00 USD | $72.75 CAD||1|
|156391||Peaceful Deer Bundle||$36.00 USD | $48.50 CAD||1|
|156789||Penguin Place Bundle||$31.50 USD | $42.25 CAD||1|
|156798||Sweet Little Stockings Bundle||$47.50 USD | $64.75 CAD||1|
|156810||Whimsical Trees Bundle||$51.25 USD | $70.00 CAD||1|
Those who join Stampin’ Up! during Sale-A-Bration may select one bundle from the list above to
add to their Starter Kit at no additional cost.
Joining during this sale-a-bration time allows you to create your own starter kit: $99 cost, $125 worth of product + a FREE bundle (listed above for no additional cost) + FREE Sale-a-bration items. Oh my – why pass up this deal? Join now… you may do that here.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Inspire. Create. Share. Nothing beats a handmade card!
Leave a Reply