It’s Tuesday – do you have something F-U-N planned? It’s our son-in-laws birthday today and I’ve made a special card for him… He tends toward the modern and straight lines, so I decided to follow that. We also have a bag that one of his presents is in and that determined the colors for the card, cuz I wanted them to coordinate. Silly? Maybe, but there it is. The cloth bag has tones of brown & a beautiful blue – I decided on Bermuda Bay and it almost matches perfectly! For the brown I used Soft Suede and it’s just ok… I think it looks good on the card.
I’ve used a RETIRED product – totally against the ‘rules’ but again, I wanted to use something that I thought our son-in-law would like. The retired item is Mercury Glass Designer Acetate in silver. A current item is the Hydrangea Hill Mercury Designer Acetate and I SHOULD HAVE used that, turned to the reverse side… but honestly I didn’t think of it. 😦 In my product list, Hydrangea Hill Mercury Designer Acetate will show, cuz it will totally work!
Here’s what I did…
- Die cut triangles from Pattern Party DSP – 2
- Die cut triangles from Hydrangea Hill Mercury Designer Acetate on the silver side – 2
- Adhered them together offset – as shown in photo. using Stampin’ Seal (HINT/ TIP: Stampin’ Seal does not show through the acetate!)
- Adhered to the card base – Thick Basic White as shown
- Stamped sentiments from Biggest Wish stamp set: happy in Bermuda Bay ink and BIRTHDAY in Sahara Sand ink. I used the Stamparatus for this as it makes it really easy.
- Added three Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins
For the inside I did some creative die cutting with additional dies from the Stitched Triangles Dies.
- On the left I die cut directly into the Basic White panel using the Stitched Triangles Dies
- I die cut two fun ‘banners’ from Soft Suede card stock then Bermudas Bay card stock and adhered them together with liquid glue, off-set.
- Adhere the Basic White panel to a Bermuda Bay panel, slightly larger, with Stampin’ Seal, then into the inside of the card, again with Stampin’ Seal – – – and the card was D-O-N-E.
For the envelope…
- Die cut a strip with one of the Stitched Triangles Dies from Bermuda Bay card stock
- Adhere with dots of liquid glue to Soft Suede card stock the same length but slightly wider
- Adhere to envelope with Stampin’ Seal – and both card & envelope are d-o-n-e. YAY… Gosh, I just looked at the photo and it’s hard to tell the Bermuda Bay from the Soft Suede <:(
I THINK our son-in-law will like this card – and his gifties. Such fun to create for others with what they like in mind.
If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. And when I send it, there will be a Sale-a-bration catalog in with it! That means more FREE items to choose from with every order of $50, or $100 or multiples of that. Please also use my current host code U7F3EZE9 when ordering. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Remember that during this time until 30 Sep, Sale-a-bration is in effect!
It is during this period that when you place an order of $50 or increments of that, there are FREE items available in the Sale-a-bration catalog. Stampin’ Up! does not usually offer more than one sale-a-bration in a year, but this year, they DID! WooHoo – fun products too… Again, contact me if you do not have a catalog
How do you pre-earn Sale-A-Bration products? It’s simple! For every $50 USD | $60 CAD and $100 USD | $120 CAD you spend, you’ll be able to take your pick of Sale-A-Bration products to add to your order—for free!
And if you JOIN and become a demonstrator during Sale-a-bration… you have the opportunity to get one of the bundles below FREE!
|JOIN BUNDLE OPTIONS||PRICE||LIMIT|
|156795||Arctic Bears Bundle||$47.50 USD | $64.75 CAD||1|
|156819||Beauty Of Tomorrow Bundle||$50.25 USD | $68.25 CAD||1|
|156801||Christmas Season Bundle||$54.00 USD | $73.75 CAD||1|
|156806||Christmas To Remember Bundle||$60.25 USD | $81.75 CAD||1|
|156807||Frosted Gingerbread Bundle||$48.50 USD | $66.50 CAD||1|
|158609||Gorgeous Leaves Bundle||$44.00 USD | $60.25 CAD||1|
|156813||Nature’s Harvest Bundle||$53.00 USD | $72.75 CAD||1|
|156816||Peaceful Cabin Bundle||$54.00 USD | $72.75 CAD||1|
|156391||Peaceful Deer Bundle||$36.00 USD | $48.50 CAD||1|
|156789||Penguin Place Bundle||$31.50 USD | $42.25 CAD||1|
|156798||Sweet Little Stockings Bundle||$47.50 USD | $64.75 CAD||1|
|156810||Whimsical Trees Bundle||$51.25 USD | $70.00 CAD||1|
Joining during this sale-a-bration time allows you to create your own starter kit: $99 cost, $125 worth of product + a FREE bundle (listed above for no additional cost) + FREE Sale-a-bration items. Oh my – why pass up this deal? Join now… you may do that here.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Inspire. Create. Share. Nothing beats a handmade card!