Hello stampers! Today’s card is a fun fold I have not done in – well, a long time. No reason really, just haven’t. I guess we could call it a Cascading Fun Fold and I’ve used the Pansy Patch bundle & Pansy Petals DSP to create this beauty.
Isn’t this fun? And it’s for a dear friend who is turning 95! I couldn’t resist doing something special for her. Here are the basic steps for creating a Cascading Tri-Fold.
- Begin with a card base cut 5 1/2 x 12 and score on the long side at 4 & 8. Burnish score lines as shown.
- Mark 1 3/8″ from bottom left corner and cut from that point to the second score line. See photo.
- Create panels for decorating. I chose the Pansy Petals DSP and coordinated several papers – as you see.
- Panel 1 is 3 3/4 x 3 1/4, then trimmed at the desired angle.
- Panel 2 is 3 3/4 x 5 1/8, then trimmed at the desired angle. Cut two of these in able to decorate opposite side.
- Panel 3 is 3 3/4 x 5 1/4
- Adhere each with liquid glue.
- Decorate as desired with die cuts or stamping.
- I used the Pansy Petals DSP and the Pansy Dies to die cut straight from the DSP each of the pansies – five of them is various colors & sizes.
- The leaves are die cut from Mint Macaron & Soft Succulent card stocks and adhered together with liquid glue.
- On panel 1, I used the Playful Alphabet Dies for the numbers (in Evening Evergreen cs), the Painted Labels Dies for the Basic White and the Layering Circles Dies in Evening Evergreen cs for the background of the die. This was adhered with dimensionals. The banner was stamped in Evening Evergreen ink on a 3/8 strip and the ends fussy cut. This was adhered with mini dimensionals. The sentiment comes from Pansy Petals stamp set.
- On panel 2, (gingham side) the leaves are adhered directly to the card and the pansies are on dimensionals.
- On panel 2 (Bumblebee side) the pansies were adhered directly to the card.
- On panel 3 the sentiment was stamped in Evening Evergreen from the Pansy Petals stamp set and the pansy adhered with liquid glue.
- For a final touch I added several Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.
- And the card is complete!
For the envelope, the flap got more of the Pansy Petals DSP. For the front I stamped a pansy from the Pansy Petals stamp set: Pale Papaya stamped off once, then Calypso Coral full strength and for the center, Bumblebee. Voila! This will be sent in today’s mail so she gets it in time for her celebration – so pleased…
TIP: For cutting the DSP panels on the angle… cut the panels (say 3 3/4 x 3 1/4) then lay on the angled card base and make a line on the DSP. Trim and adhere!
Products for todays project are from the 2021-22 Annual Catalog. They may be found in the list below. I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY NEW HOST CODE for July – 4TKMUNQH . When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another.
Jul 1 – Aug 2 is a new promotion by Stampin’ Up! – 15% OFF SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPERS.
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Inspire. Create. Share. Nothing beats a handmade card.