Hello again… it’s Friday – the end of another week and almost Memorial Day. It is also nearing the end of the JOINING SPECIAL as that is over May 30. So what ARE you waiting for? This is a very good deal by Stampin’ Up! Joining is $99 with $155 worth of product with FREE SHIPPING! You get to choose the products of your choice and be part of as fun & growing TEAM of crafters who will encourage & inspire you. JOIN now, today, before it’s too late. You may do that here.
The card for today is a flip card using the Hydrangea Haven bundle and the Layering Oval Dies. Last week we created a card with three windows done with squares. That was a bit more complicated. This one is much easier as it’s just one opening to flip. 🙂
Begin with a card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4. Adhere to that a panel of DSP 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Today we used the Hydrangea Hill DSP. Covering this panel with liquid t.glue is important, adhering it well, as the next step is to cut an opening in the center through both papers with the largest of the Layering Oval Dies. I have found it helpful to run these two layers through twice so the die cuts both layers perfectly. Reserve the removed oval as you will attach it later.
Next, prepare the inside of the card. This card is for a young woman who has made a big achievement. Using the rectangular shape stamp in Hydrangea Haven, I stamped this in Highland Heather ink. The two sentiments stamped on top of this were done in Memento Black ink and both come from the Hydrangea Haven stamp set.
Let’s gp back to complete the front of the card and the fun fold.
- Cut a piece of Basic White 3 x 4 and score @ 1, 2. & 3″ . Burnish well. Turn over and add Tear n Tape as shown.
- Remove covers on tape and adhere the end with two tapes to the inside center of the card, not quite touching the scored fold of the card. Fold the burnished rectangle in half and CLOSE THE CARD. This will create the finished box which is the support mechanism for the oval flip. You can easily see the square in the photo from a previous card.
- Again w/ Basic White, cut a strip 1 x 2 1/4 and score at 1 1/4, burnish. Turn this over and at the longer end, put two pieces of Tear n Tape next to each other. This will create a secure bond. Add a piece of tape at the other end as well – as shown.
- Remove covers to Tear n Tape.n Adhere the longer end on top of the box, centering it, with the card closed. Fold up the shorter end, place the reserved oval over the opening, lining up the patterns of the DSP so they match.
- Decorate the oval 🙂 Stamp the sentiment in Memento Black ink and voila!
Decorating the oval…. stamp the hydrangea from Hydrangea Haven stamp set in Memento Black ink. Color the leaves with Stampin Blends Granny Apple Green. Die cut with the Hydrangea Dies. Stamp just the flower portion on a piece of Highland Heather card stock in Highland Heather ink and die cut with the Hydrangea Dies. Raise the flowers so there is dimension to them, put dimensionals on the back and adhere over the other die cut. Add pearl Basic Jewels in various centers of the flower. Put dimesnionals on the back, including the leaves and add to the oval. yes, you will need to trim the lower two leaves and stem so the oval still flips.
I love the little tag die included with this bundle and stamped the sentiment on a Basic White scrap and die cut the tag. I tied a length of Linen Thread to the tag, added a single dimensional and attached it to the card.
Now the card really is complete 😁
Products for todays project are from the 2021-22 Annual Catalog AND the Jan – Jun Mini Catalog. They may be found in the list below. I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY NEW HOST CODE – ZD9N2JRR . When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Stampin’ Up! has a promotion for joining that is SUCH A GOOD DEAL you won’t want to pass on it. See below for more info. They also have a HOST promotion AND a KIT promotion, which are also shown below.
more info to join…
- A new demonstrator can select any eligible Stampin’ Up! products up to the stated value.
- The Starter Kit also includes business resources like catalogs, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- The Starter Kit also includes a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit.
- In addition to the amazing added value to their Starter Kit, when new team members join Stampin’ Up! they get to be a part of our amazing community of crafters. Plus, they get to enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, early access to products, and exclusive access to training events.
HOST promotion 4 May – 14 June
From 4 May–14 June 2021, qualifying orders will receive our generous Stampin’ Rewards PLUS additional rewards! Hosts can earn Stampin’ Rewards based on order totals for an entire party. Outside of the party setting, Stampin’ Rewards are available to those who place individual orders that meet the order totals shown here.
- Workshop orders, customer orders, and online orders all qualify for the extra $25 in Stampin’ Rewards if they reach the $250 level.
- The order must reach the qualifying amount of $250 in merchandise prior to shipping and tax.The extra $25 rewards are only valid once per order no matter how high the order total.
- Starter Kit orders do not qualify for this promotion.
- Stampin’ Rewards can not be used on a 50% off item.
- Deadline to submit an order and receive the extra $25 in free Stampin’ Rewards: June 14, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT).
KITS PROMOTION BEGINS 1 JUNE, more information coming soon!
Created to be both an easy business-building tool and the perfect introduction to paper crafting!
LOTS of information shared… if you have questions, please ask. I want to help you in your creativity, to share in your progress, to witness your growth.
To send a card (handmade at that!) is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day!
I was asked to supply a photo of the front of the card… Here ’tis
Leave a Reply