A Pop & Flip card is fairly easy but it does require a ‘mechanism’ to hold the flip piece. I’ve complicated the project by creating three windows to ‘flip’ in one card. But no matter, the process is still the same, just done three times 🙂
And here’s a side view showing the mechanism.
The challenge in this particular card is we cannot put an opened slimline card through our die cutting machine as the card is too wide. The challenge here is we must cut an opening large enough for the three ‘flips’, then make a separate covering with three openings for the individual flips. Is this starting to make sense a bit?
- Step 1 is to make the opening… leaving a border of about 1/2″ on all sides of the card front. Use the paper trimmer to do this. For a slimline card, the dimensions are 8 1/2 x 7 scored at 3 1/2. I used Thick Basic White for my card base.
- Step 2 is to cut two panels 8 1/2 x 3 1/2; one is from DSP for the card front, the other is the same color as the card base. For this card, I used Bloom Where You Are Planted DSP for the card front and Basic White. (I wanted it to look as though the flowers were climbing the brick wall 🙂
- Place these two pieces right sides together; mark the top on both pieces. (This can be done on the back side)
- Using the Layering Squares, die cut all three openings. I began by doing the center panel first, then the two on either side. It is helpful to use the grid paper as a guideline for measurement. KEEP these cut out panels, both DSP & Basic White, and adhere together with liquid glue. They will be the background for the ‘flip’ and must match the DSP for the front. You can see in the photo below how the pattern matches.
- Using Stampin’ Seal, adhere the front DSP panel to the card front, making certain the piece top ‘mark’ is toward the score line.
- Adhere the Basic White panel on the inside with the ‘mark’ toward the score line and adhering even the center areas between the squares. This step is crucial in allowing the decorated pieces to slip through easily. In other words, the openings must match perfectly!
- Adhere a panel 8 3/8 x 6 7/8 to the bottom half on the inside of the card. I used DSP, but it could be a coordinate color of card stock, or a Basic White piece. This piece must be in. place before adhering the mechanism for the ‘flip’.
- Create the first part of the mechanism – the box. See photo 2 above.
- Cut three strips 1 1/4 x 2 and score @ 1/2, 1, and 1 1/2. Burnish well.
- Place two pieces of Tear n Tape at one end of each strip (yes, they will overlap a bit), and one piece of Tear n Tape at the opposite end. Remove the covering of the Tear n Tape at the end with two strips and centering it with the center square, adhere to the inside of the card, close to the score line but not constricting the closure of the card. Adhere the other two strips in the same manner.
- Fold the strips in half, remove the remaining Tear n Tape and close card, adhering this to the card front. Voila – like magic, the box is created!
- Create the second part of the mechanism – the extra strip that holds the ‘flip’. This is the point at which the reserved panels are used. Be certain which reserved DSP panel fits in the correct opening matching the DSP. Here is the side view photo again, showing the additional piece.
- Cut three strips 1 x 1 3/4 and score @ 1″. Burnish well. The short end will fold up.
- TURN STRIPS OVER, so the fold is facing down. Adhere two pieces of Tear n Tape at the long end and one piece at the other end. Remove the covering of the two ends, CLOSE CARD, and adhere to each box so that it is against the front of the card front.
- With the card still closed, remove the single piece of Tear n Tape, attaching the reserved DSP panels. They should fit exactly into the openings and the card should open & close. Exciting!!!
- Decorate your DSP panels…
- I used the Floral Square Dies from the All Squared Up bundle, choosing three of the squares to cut from Basic White card stock.
- Using additional dies from this set I cut pieces from Fresh Freesia, Polished pink, Pale Papaya & Highland Heather card stocks. I adhered these with dabs of liquid glue as you see in the photo.
- For additional glam, I added Metallic Pearls in silver and a single Iridescent Pearl to the center flower.
So, so FUN! A bit complicated, yes, but not difficult. AND this card is definitely a one of a kind! I do hope you try this and please share photos if you do.
Products for todays project are from the 2021-22 Annual Catalog They may be found in the list below. I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY NEW HOST CODE – ZD9N2JRR . When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Stampin’ Up! has a promotion for joining that is SUCH A GOOD DEAL you won’t want to pass on it. See below for more info. They also have a HOST promotion AND a KIT promotion.
The first is the JOIN promotion… for $99 you may choose $155 worth of products beginning 4 May through the end of May. It just doesn’t get much better than that. Click the image to join.
- A new demonstrator can select any eligible Stampin’ Up! products up to the stated value.
- The Starter Kit also includes business resources like catalogs, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- The Starter Kit also includes a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit.
- In addition to the amazing added value to their Starter Kit, when new team members join Stampin’ Up! they get to be a part of our amazing community of crafters. Plus, they get to enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, early access to products, and exclusive access to training events.
HOST promotion 4 May – 14 June
From 4 May–14 June 2021, qualifying orders will receive our generous Stampin’ Rewards PLUS additional rewards! Hosts can earn Stampin’ Rewards based on order totals for an entire party. Outside of the party setting, Stampin’ Rewards are available to those who place individual orders that meet the order totals shown here.
- Workshop orders, customer orders, and online orders all qualify for the extra $25 in Stampin’ Rewards if they reach the $250 level.
- The order must reach the qualifying amount of $250 in merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- The extra $25 rewards are only valid once per order no matter how high the order total.
- Starter Kit orders do not qualify for this promotion.
- Stampin’ Rewards can not be used on a 50% off item.
- Deadline to submit an order and receive the extra $25 in free Stampin’ Rewards: June 14, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT).
KITS PROMOTION BEGINS 1 JUNE, more information coming soon!
Created to be both an easy business-building tool and the perfect introduction to paper crafting!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Move someone’s heart by sending them a handmade card filled with love.