WOOHOO! Are you reveling in the the retirement list? It IS pretty amazing, isn’t it? Just remember some items are retiring AS A BUNDLE and will be carried over into the new catalog… so look carefully at the list. Bundles, of course, are always 10% less expensive than when separated into two individual items. Just sayin’. At the end of today’s post I will again share the retirement list and connections to my online store.
Today’s project(s) are two cards using the Friends Are Like Seashells bundle and the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder which coordinates with this et. I’ve used other products as well and will list those as I give directions.
Here are the two cards.
These two are so different but generally use the same ingredients. Directions for each card follows.
- Card base is Pool Party card stock 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Next layer is Pretty Peacock embossed with the Seabed 3D embossing folder (4 x 5 1/4) and adhered with Seal +
- The top layer is Pearlescent Paper that has been die cut with the Seaside Seashells Dies, then a Blending Brush used to color the undersea leaves with Pear Pizzazz ink, then each shell stamped: Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake, Gorgeous Grape and finally So Saffron ink. Allow to dry thoroughly then run through the Seashells 3D embossing folder. Oh what beautiful texture this gives! I put dimensionals all over trying to support even many of the broadest seaweed. Of course I had to trim some of the dimensionals into strips and I also used mini dimensionals too. Once I had the dimensionals where I wanted them I adhered it over the Pretty Peacock. This bold contrast really makes it pop.
- I added three Opal Rounds.
- On a 3/4″ strip of Very Vanilla card stock I stamped the sentiment in Balmy Blue using the A Wish for everything stamp set.. I adhered this to a 7/8″ layer of Pretty Peacock with liquid glue and punched the end with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I wrapped Linen thread around the end of the banner a couple of times and tied a sweet bow. I added two more of the opal Rounds to the banner, attached dimensionals to the back and adhered it to the card. Voila!
For the inside of this card I adhered a Pretty Peacock panel 4 x 5 1/4 with liquid glue. I stamped the shell in Petal Pink then the sentiment in Balmy Blue ink – on a Very Vanilla piece 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. The sentiment comes from the Forever Fern stamp set. This was adhered with liquid glue and the card was done.
For the envelope I took a strip of Pretty Peacock and ran it through the Seabed 3D embossing folder then adhered it to the envelope flap with liquid glue. I took a couple of the underwater seaweed stamps and stamped them on the front of the envelope, one in full strength Pear Pizzazz, the other in stamped-off Pear Pizzazz.
Love this card! And here’s a HELPFUL HINT… the ink takes a bit of time to dry on the Pearlescent Paper. Use that time to do the inside of the card, the banner, the envelope.
- I began this card by first creating the pearl Blushing Bride card stock for the seashells. I did that by using my Blending Brush and the Frost White Shimmer Paint. I used my Blending Brush working in small sections of the paper and brushed it on in circles, trying not to touch the paper, just the edges. Touching the paper while the shimmer paint is wet leaves fingerprints and you don’t want that. Set it aside to dry and work on the rest of the card. By the way ~ this is beautiful when dry!
- The card base is Basic Gray card stock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4. I embossed the front of the card with the Seabed Embossing Folder. It didn’t really show in the photo – not sure why…
- I stamped my sentiment on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Crumb Cake ink and the Friends are like Seashells stamp set. I die cut it with the Painted Labels Dies.
- While I was waiting for the pearlizing to dry I went ahead and did the envelope… I ran the flap through the Seashells Embossing Folder. How to do this? With the flap in the folder, fold the envelope around the folder and put it through your machine. 🙂 For the front of the envelope I stamped a starfish in Crumb Cake ink and the envelope was done.
- With the Blushing Bride pearlized paper dry I die cut the paper with the Seaside Shells Die. I then stamped the Nautilus shell with more Blushing Bride ink and the conch shell with Balmy Blue ink and set them aside to dry.
- While that was drying I did the inside of the card… I stamped the sentiment from the Friends are like Seashells in Crumb Cake ink then the starfish, also in Crumb Cake ink – on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock 3 3/4 x 5. I adhered this to a panel of Blushing Bride 4 x 5 1/4 with liquid glue. These were adhered to the inside of the card, again with liquid glue.
- Back to the stamped & die cut shells… I ran them through the Seashells 3 D Embossing and oh my, they almost look real. I love how they turned out. I put the dimensionals on the back and adhered them where I wanted.
- I added a large Opal Rounds to the banner then put dimensionals on the right side and Stampin’ Seal on the left and put in place. I added two more Opal Rounds to the card front and voila – all done!
Yep – got over zealous and wrote on the card before taking the photo… ugh! And it’s hard to see the embossed envelope flap or the embossing on the card front, but I did do it. Guess I didn’t have my lights set properly 😦
These two cards didn’t take that long to do ~ and it’s fun creating something so different with the same supplies. This makes gorgeous cards! Love the font of the sentiments and the sentiments themselves are nice too. Here they are again – side by side.
If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE – XTK4JNGQ– good Mar 16 – 31. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know.
Below is a product list of items used in today’s projects. They come from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog as well as the butterfly which is a preorder item from the new Jan-Jun Mini Catalog~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’.
The perfect time to shop- – SALE TIME!
Discounts on favorite products from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ shop early so you don’t miss out.
Sales Period: 24 March, 1:00 PM (MT) – 3 May 2021, 11:59 PM (MT)
Official retiring lists from Stampin’ Up!
ick here to go to my website to start shopping and place your order 🙂
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.