Today is President’s Day! What does that mean to you? What I think of is Abraham Lincoln… and hubby just finished reading a book titled Abe that was really good. He was an amazing man and an incredible president. If you like history – this is an excellent read. I have my hands wrapped around the book Eleanor right now and keep learning how incredible she was as a First Lady of our country. These thingsd have nothing to do with today’s card, so maybe I should just get on with it…
Can you see in the photo the embossing on the card front? I’ve used two folders, one for the DSP and another for the Basic White card stock. They come together and are called Meadow Moments Embossing Folder. Here’s better photo to share the delicasy of these two.
I think you can see the embossing better, right? So delicate and beautiful. And here’s how I put this card together…
- Emboss the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP with the leaf portion of the Meadow Moments Embossing Folder set.
- Emboss the Basic White panel with the floral, butterfly and leaf portion of the Meadow Moments Embossing Folder set.
- Adhere the DSP strip to the Basic White panel with liquid glue.
- Add the Just Jade 20-22 In Color Ribbon by wrapping to the back and hold in place with Stampin Seal
- Die cut the flower from Hydrangea Hill DSP and the petals for the flower in Basic White card stock. Adhere the flower together with liquid glue and a mini dimensional. Add an Opal Rounds to the center. (Truth be told… this flower was sitting on my desk from a previous project and I liked the color contrasts of the green and pink.😊)
- Adhere the flower to the card front with a dimensional.
- Also sitting on my desk was this butterfly die cut with the Butterfly Dies (new product! this will be available in the 2021 Annual Catalog.) I adhered this butterfly with dimensionals as well.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Black ink on Basic White card stock and die cut with the Potted Succulents Dies. The sentiment comes from Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set. I attached the sentiment to the card front with dimensionals and trimmed the end.
- Adhere this panel to another layer of Basic White card stock for strength then to the Thick Basic White card base with dimensionals ~ and your card front is done!
For the inside… I wanted to carry both the green and pink to the inside so adhered a strip of the same Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP (new product available soon to customers!) to the right side of the Basic White panel. I die cut another flower with the Perennial Petals Dies, this time from the Paper Blooms DSP (FREE during Sale-a-bration with a $50 order). I also die cut petals from Basic White card stock and a scrap I had on my desk of…. for the center of the flower. All were adhered together with liquid glue and another Opal Rounds was added as well. This was adhered to the inside of the card with liquid glue. This Basic White card stock panel was adhered to a Mint Macaron piece then to the inside of the card – all with liquid glue. and the inside was complete!
For the envelope… I adhered a panel of the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap and trimmed it to fit. For the front of the envelope, I stamped the flower background from the Pretty Perennials stamp set, in Roccco Rose ink stamped off once, then the detail flower stamp in full strength Rococo Rose ink – and the card was finis!
This card is so versatile – it could easily be a sympathy card or birthday or simply thinking of you, depending on if you stamped something special inside. I like that it is cheery and bright too.
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Feb 4 – Feb 28. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Now is the perfect time to become a team member of Stampin’ Up! – with your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!) you will receive five packs of new 6×6 DSP paper packs – only during Sale-a-bration though!!! Act quickly… JOIN MY Team here. Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join now… Again – you may do that here.
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $50 purchase – Level 1
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $100 purchase – Level 2
And if you HOST a party or place an order of $300 or more during Sale-a-bration
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.