Hi there! Today’s card features a gorgeous butterfly from the A Touch of Ink stamp set, available during Sale-a-bration with a $100 order. Also part of today’s card is the Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP available during Sale-a-bration with a $50 order. So what are you waiting for? 😏 Let’s take a peek at the card…
So let me tell you – I love butterflies ~ and I have stamped on Vellum before, but, when stamping on vellum, one MUST remember to heat set the ink! Guess who forgot that… you betcha, it was me… so, let’s do a step by step…
- Stamp on vellum using Memento black ink. HEAT SET on low setting of your heating tool. Allow to cool.
- While that is cooling, pull your supplies together:
- Bermuda Bay card base 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 + 2 3/4″ square
- Basic White – (2) 4 x 5 1/4 + 2 3/4″ sq
- Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP 3 3/4 x 5 + 2 1/4 x 6 for envelope flap
- Basic Black scrap 3/4 x about 1 1/2
- Sentiment banner: this was already on my table from stamping a whole lot of sentiments from the Many Messages stamp set and die cutting with the coordinating Messages Dies.
- Banner Pick a Punch
- Stampin Blends: Lt Misty Moonlight, Dk Seaside Spray, Lt Bermuda Bay, Dk Mango Melody ~ all for the butterfly
- Now the stamped vellum piece is cool – let’s color… TURN VELLUM OVER TO BACK SIDE. Color the butterfly with the various blends mentioned above. Allow to dry. You could heat set again, on the low setting.
- Adhere this vellum panel to the white square using Stampin Seal. I used the seal only in colored areas, so it doesn’t show through.
- Adhere this to the Bermuda Bay square, off-setting it. I didn’t want it to look like a picture frame – that’s why it’s off-set. Set aside
- Adhere the DSP panel to the Basic White piece, then to the card base – all with liquid glue.
- Adhere the butterfly panel with dimensionals.
- Crop one end of the Basic Black strip with the Banner pick a Punch. Adhere to the card front with liquid glue
- Adhere this very tiny sentiment with mini dimensionals and your card front is done!
Isn’t this a fun flower? The butterfly is headed for it to take the nectar from the center… Stamp the flower in Memento Black ink on the Basic White panel. Stamp the color for the flower with stamped off Daffodil Delight. This is such a cool ‘filler’ stamp. It doesn’t have to line up perfectly; it’s like a shadow kind of stamp. Now, adhere this white panel to the inside of the card and the card is done!!! Super easy and rather elegant.
For the envelope I adhered a left-over piece of the Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap and trimmed it to fit. Yep, liquid glue. For the front of the card I stamped a sentiment from the A Touch of Ink stamp set in Memento Black ink and the entire project was ready to send – a friendly note of support or care to someone struggling will be written inside. Want this set? I can help you 👍 😁
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Jan 21 – Feb 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $50 purchase – Level 1
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $100 purchase – Level 2
And when you HOST or get orders together totaling $300 or more,
additional FREE product
Want to JOIN MY TEAM? Lots of good things going on… contact me for further info…
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply