Today’s card is made with Sale-a-bration products, which begins Jan 5, 2021. And that, my friends is not far off. Yep, hard to believe, it is right around the corner.
Isn’t it pretty? I don’t use Blackberry Bliss card stock very often but with this Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP, it really is quite nice. The stamps are from the Corner Bouquet stamp set, and is FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration. The Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP is also FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-bration.
Stampin’ Up! has changed (for the better BTW) the length of Sale-a-bration to two months twice a year, the first beginning Jan-Feb of 2021. It coincides with the release of the Jan – Jun Mini Catalog Jan 5. I’m sharing three of those free products today to get you excited about the new catalog. Let’s get to the card.
- Cut a panel of Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP; using the Stamparatus, stamp one corner with this smaller corner stamp in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Why use the Stamparatus? Couple of reasons… 1) if the stamp is not clear enough after the first stamping, it is easy to re-ink and stamp again in exactly the same spot. It is next to imposssible to do that by eye: it gets a bit of a shadow and that paper couldn’t be used. 2) The Stamparatus allows for perfect placement.
- Turn the paper 180 degrees to stamp in the opposite corner. Stamp with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Place the sentiment from the Heal your Heart stamp set (FREE with a $50 purchase during Sale=a=bration) in the center of the paper and stamp with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Using the largest die in the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, cut the center.
- Adhere the larger panel to a piece of Basic Black card stock.
- Adhere the die cut piece with dimensionals, being certain to line up the stamping just right. NOTE: the die cut piece is placed so the gradation of color is the opposite of the larger panel. I was able to do this because of the perfect placement of the corner stamp and use of the Stamparatus.
- Add Pearl Basic Jewels.
- Adhere this panel to a Blackberry Bliss card base with dimensionals ~ and your card front is done.
For the inside I stamped the corner with the same stamp from the Corner Bouquet stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock. Adhere with liquid glue to a piece of Basic Black card stock; then adhere this to the inside of the card & voila!
For the envelope I adhered another piece of the Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap. I stamped the small leaf on this and again on the front of the envelope – all in Tuxedo Black Memento ink ~ and the card is ready to send.
This card will go out today to a neighbor who just lost her father. I don’t know the circumstance other than he had health issues for some time. But the circumstances of his death aren’t needed. The focus is the loss of a loved one and to be supportive and caring.
Today’s card is not my design… it was from my upline, Mary Deatherage, who participated in a team training recently. She used different colors and embellishments, but the layout and design are hers. Thank you, Mary, for the inspiration!
Here are photos of the stamp sets and the DSP used in today’s project.
Products not part of Sale-a-bration are listed below. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SVFB9YJY – good until Dec 10, 2020. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
Card cuts for today’s project are listed at the end of this post.
- Blackberry Bliss 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Basic Black (2) 4 x 5 1/4
- Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP 3 7/8 x 5 1/8
- Whisper White 3 7/8 x 5 1/8
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply