Hello again! How are you after all the Black Friday hullabaloo? Do you feel good about your purchases? As for me… a tiny bit of online shopping, but nothing else. And the turkey… it is boned and ready for an awesome soup – yay…I will chop & cook the veggies this morning so we can have it for lunch. My mouth is watering already… Is this a card blog? Oh yes… must get back on track 😜…
I liked the result of the Woven Heirlooms card yesterday, that I made two more ~ similar. I’m calling this Part 2.
Just as a comparison, here is yesterday’s card.
The Misty Moonlight card above could easily be sent to a man: the others, well, not so much.
Deets for Misty Moonlight card:
- Misty Moonlight card stock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4: remove 1/2″ from front
- Run a panel of Misty Moonlight ( through the Tasteful Textile Embossing folder; adhere to the card front with liquid glue
- Die cut a panel of Misty Moonlight card stock with the Ornate Layers Dies
- Stamp the sentiment from Woven Heirlooms stamp set, on a Whisper White card stock (2 3/16 x 3 9/16) in Misty Moonlight ink. Adhere to the die cut with liquid glue. Attach to the card front with dimensionals as shown.
- Adhere a strip of the 2020-2022 In Color 6×6 DSP in Misty Moonlight (1/2 x 3 3/4) with liquid glue
- Add Pearl Basic Jewels & a bow tied with the Flowers For Every Season Misty Moonlight/ Silver baker’s twine. The bow is adhered weith a rolled up glue dot.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment from Woven Heirlooms stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink on a panel of Whisper White 3 3/8 x 4 3/4. This was adhered to the card inside with liquid glue.
For the envelope I used the same 2020-2022 In Color 6×6 DSP (2 1/4 x 6), adhered it to the flap & trimmed to fit. I then stamped a fun design in Misty Moonlight ink on the envelope front. This came from Woven Heirlooms stamp set.
The next card uses Purple Posy for the card base but is less fussy and is done on a regular card base, no trimming from the front.
- Purple Posy card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Panel of Purple Posy (4 x 5 1/4) run through the Tasteful Textile embossing folder and adhered with liquid glue to the card front.
- Die cut a Purple Posy panel (3 1/2 x 5)using the Ornate Layers Dies and reserve the outline.
- Cut a panel of Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP (2 3/16 x 3 9/16) and adhere to the die cut with liquid glue. Put the die cut on dimensionals and adhere to the center of the card.
- Cut a strip of Whisper White 1 x 4, stamp the sentiment in Highland Heather ink using Woven heirlooms stamp set. Trim ends using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Adhere to the card front with dimensionals.
- Add Playing with Patterns Resin Dots
For the inside of the card, stamp the sentiment from Woven Heirlooms stamp set in Highland Heather ink on a Whisper White panel 3 1/4 x 4 3/4. Adhere to the inside of the card with liquid glue. Using the die cut ‘frame’ of the Ornate Layers Die cut from the card front, adhere over the Whisper White panel. Just lovely…
For the envelope, I was running out of the Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP, so I added a strip of Purple Posy card stock, then the remaining amount of DSP. Stamp the fun design from Woven Heirlooms stamp set on the envelope front in Highland Heather ink.
These turned out beautifully; I think, and different enough I didn’t feel as though I was mass producing. I love the ‘frame’ around the sentiment on the purple Posy card. It really adds aa nice touch.
If you have questions about today’s post ~ or a previous post for that matter, please do not hesitate to post a note here or send to my email: tlsbrightspot.com. Products for today’s card may be found below.
As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SVFB9YJY – good until Dec 3, 2020. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
Thanks for stopping by
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply