Oh I DID have fun yesterday ya’ll. I wrapped packages! They are prayer books for a group of folks that walk beside another when they are ‘hurting’, when they are in need of comfort, when they need to hear God loves them and we, as people, do too. The group is called Stephen Ministry and everyone is specially trained to listen. That’s the hardest thing in the world for everyone… it seems we always have an opinion. so in Stephen Ministry we don’t do opinions: we listen, intentionally listen. And these sweet packages are for those Stephen Ministers.
The packaging… I used Trimming The Town Designer Series Paper and I’m really pleased with how they turned out. I made the packaging like an envelope.
Pictures don’t do these items justice – in person they are cute, cute. The above package uses Trimming The Town DSP, Diagonal Stripe Ribbon in Old Olive, So Many Snowflakes Dies, Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems and one Glitter Star Ornaments. Stampin’ Up! makes a list on their DSP packaging, of all the coordinating colors for that particular design. It makes it so much easier to make a card – or in this case, a package, look marvelous.
Let me share with you how I did this…
This is the inside and it’s all trimmed of the excess paper. You can see at the far right and at the bottom, the Tear n Tape used for sealing. I used the Detailed Trio Punch to round the edges of the top & bottom flaps. This makes a perfect envelope for the book. Measurements vary for your own book; for this one it’s 10″ wide x 9 1/4″ in height.
- Score at the top 1 3/8″
- Score at the bottom 3/8″ & 1″
- Score the sides at 2 3/4″ & 7″
- I then laid my book on the score lines, wrapped each side over the book and gently pressed with my bone folder to create the depth for the book and another score line. The reason for this process is the depth of the book did not fall into a score line and I wanted the book to fit snugly, not be moving around.
- Burnish all score lines then trim as shown above.
- Once you have trimmed, put the book back on the DSP, remove the Tear n Tape and wrap the right side over the left to seal.
- Fold in the short tabs at the bottom, remove the Tear n Tape and fold over the book. :O) A perfect envelope…. the book can be pulled out with ease as the top is not sealed. The ribbon keeps the package closed.
- Decorate with ribbon and embellishments to your hearts content.
Below is a list of all the products I used for my packaging – and remember what today is… 24 HOUR SALE on nearly all products in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. Some of the products listed below are not in the Annual Catalog, but many are. Happy Shopping!
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply