Hello there… it’s Sunday and going to be a beautiful fall day. We have had rain lately and it will be nice to have the sunshine. Perhaps we can do something outside. For my card today, I had someone specifically in mind – and this person needs a bit of congratulations.
One of the things I like about SU! products is how items can coordinate with one another. The big box stores don’t do that – they carry products from several different manufacturers and colors do not work well together. In this case, we have Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP, the stitched curvy die from Freezin’ Friends Dies, the new Curvy Christmas stamp set (star stamp) and the sentiment from Quite Curvy stamp set. Then I added this fun large star from Stitched Stars Dies. Love love!
The how to…
- Begin with a panel of Whisper White and die cut the lower curve with the Freezin’ Friends die. You could use a strip about 2 1/4 x 5.
- I placed this strip in my Stamparatus and stamped the stars ‘banner’ with Night of Navy ink and the Curvy Christmas stamp set. This is a brand new stamp set that will be available to customers beginning Nov 3-Jan 3.
- With that same Whisper Whiter panel in my Stamparatus, I stamped the sentiment in Crushed Curry ink using the Quite Curvy stamp set. This stamp set will also be available Nov 3 (along with coordinating dies) but it will be in the next catalogue :O)
- With that panel complete i adhered it to a panel of DSP – the Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP (3 3/4 x 5)
- Then I die cut another stitched curvy from Whisper White. At it’s deepest point this strip is 1 1/4″ so start with a panel probably 1 1/2 x 5. Adhere this to the top of the DSP panel with liquid glue.
- I then die cut two stars, one from Crushed Curry card stock and the smaller more intricate from Night of Navy card stock and adhered them together with liquid glue. This got dimensionals and was adhered to the card front.
- I took this nearly completed panel and adhered it to Crushed Curry card stock – 3 1/4 x 5 1/4 – yep, with liquid glue.
- My final step was to put a Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the center of the star – it’s special after all! Then I added several Star Designer Elements. They are copper and bring out the copper stars in the DSP :O)
- I put the Crushed Curry panel on dimensionals and adhered it to a Night of Navy card base (4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2). The front really is done…
For the inside…
I took a panel of Crushed Curry card stock and adhered it to the card base (4 x 5 1/4), then adhered a Whisper White panel (3 3/4 x 5) to this. Lastly I added a strip of the Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP. Card is complete!
For the envelope – easy peasy… I added a strip of the Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP to the envelope flap and that was it. Voila!
I hope you like today’s card – would appreciate your comments. Below is a product list.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.