Hello! Using several new products today ~ it was hard to decide exactly what items to use as there are so many fun new stamp sets/ dies, Designer Papers… I finally settled on the Prized Peony stamp set and it is a gorgeous set complete with matching dies. Let’s take a look…
What new items do you see? Well, the stamp set for sure (Prized Peony); it’s the focal point, and the Peony Dies. And notice the entire floral piece is raised… bingo! foam adhesive SHEETS! I can see myself using these a LOT! It’s sticky on both sides (similar to dimensionals, but about a 4 1/2″ square sheet) and so easy to use. You can find these on pg 162 in the new catalogue and listed as #12. OK, what else is new on this card? Yep ~ the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper AND the wonderful Elegant Faceted Dots. What’s so cool about these is they come in a pack of clear, Petal Pink and pearlized. I used the clear from this set.
I also used Whisper White cs to stamp the focal peony and as an inside panel, Basic Gray for the card base, Petal Pink to back the DSP AND the Whisper White inside panel, Petal Pink inks to stamp the peony, Smokey Slate ink for the additional peonies as well as the sentiment, and finally the Organdy Striped 5/8″ ribbon. I think that’s it.
Let’s get busy and make this card…
- Stamp the large peony from the Prized Peony stamp set on Whisper White. Cut it out using the matching die from the Peony Dies. Use that same die and cut a peony from the Foam Adhesive Sheet. Adhere the peony to the Adhesive sheet and set aside.
- Cut a strip of Petal Pink cs 2 1/8 x 5 3/8.
- Cut a panel of Peony Garden DSP 2 x 5 1/4. Adhere this to the Petal Pink panel.
- Wrap a piece of the Organdy Striped 5/8″ Ribbon around these two panels then adhere to the left of the card front.
- I laid but did not adhere the peony where I wanted it, then stamped the sentiment in Smokey Slate stamping off once. Now adhere the peony by simply removing the sticky from the foam adhesive and adhere to the card front. “Color” the peony and bud with Wink of Stella.
- Add five of these very sweet Elegant Faceted Gems and your card front is done!
The inside and envelope…
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner in Smokey Slate onto a Whisper White panel 5 x 5 1/4. In the lower right corner, stamp the smallest peony in Smokey Slate stamping off TWICE.
- While you have this sweet flower handy, stamp your envelope: once on the front and once on the flap. Adhere a strip of Petal Pink next to the flap fold with liquid glue – trim excess.
- Adhere the Whisper White stamped piece to Petal Pink 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 and adhere this to the inside of your card. Card is complete – easy peasy!
So what do you think? Elegant, easy, stunning peony ~ a very special card of sympathy. The Peony Garden Suite is shown on pages 82-84 in the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. When you decide to shop with me, please use my CURRENT HOST CODE J2E4VDGM and if your product purchase is between $50-$150 you will receive a free SU! gift from me worth $10
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.