Hello – today’s card is definitely masculine and I hope you like it. It can be used for a birthday, congratulations or simply a friendly card. I created it for someone who is a golfer and just needs a ‘pick me up’. Here it is…
What do you think? One of the aspects about SU! that I like so much is that colors coordinate pretty much across the board. When they package their Designer Series Paper, it lists on the back of the package coordinating colors for that particular design. And what I’ve learned is often other shades of a particular color, say green, may work in nicely as well. And that’s what I did on this card – worked in a different shade of green.
Here are the details…
- Cut a piece of thick Whisper White cs 6 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, scoring on the long side at 2″.
- Cut a piece of Country Club DSP 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere using liquid glue to the left portion of the card front. Refer to the photo for help.
- Using Night of Navy ink, stamp both the sentiment as well as the golfer from the Clubhouse stamp set on Whisper White card stock. Using the Golf Club dies cut out the golfer and JUST the Greatest Guy part of the sentiment.
- Using the Stitched So Sweetly dies and Pear Pizzaz cs, cut out a rectangle large enough for the golfer.
- Using the next larger die from Stitched So Sweetly dies, cut a piece of Night of Navy cs.
- Using liquid glue, adhere the Pear Pizzaz to the Night of Navy cs. Using dimensionals, adhere the golfer to these two pieces. See photo for placement. Set aside.
- Cut another piece of DSP 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to the inside of the card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ for the inside. Stamp in Night of Navy ink accordingly. I used the golf ball and this wonderful sentiment. When you look at the photo of the inside of the card, you will see that I separated this into two sections. There’s a simple explanation for that… I goofed when stamping and stamped the sentiment upside down! I was so annoyed with myself. So how to fix it? I simply cut it into two sections 🙂
Back to the front and adhering the panel to the card front.
With the card closed adhere the panel approximately 5/8″ from the left, top and bottom. This will mean it is pretty well centered on the card. I put the glue on the card front instead of the panel cuz I wanted to be sure not to have glue where it wasn’t needed.
Now complete the inside. Open the card and adhere the Whisper White panel to the inside so it is approx. 7/8″ from the fold, bottom and and right edges. What you want to be certain of is that this panel does not show when the card front is closed.
Remember to decorate the envelope – no “naked” envelopes please! And be certain to sign your card. People love to see your name or initials on there.
I hope you like today’s card. Masculine cards are sometimes tricky to create but I like the way this turned out.
Sale-a bration is quickly coming to an end – Mar 31. If you are still wanting to pick up any of these fabulous products do so right away. Reach out to me if you have questions – love to hear from you.
May you have a beautiful day. Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.