Hi All… Oh gosh – I so love today’s card…made with the SU! Poppy Moments Dies and a couple of other stamp sets and another die. 😏 As yesterday’s card, this is primarily monochromatic with Highland Heather the paper of choice. What did I do? Here are the details…
- Card stock layer is Highland Heather (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″), with DSP from Best Dressed 6 x 6 DSP. (4″ x 5 1/4″). Adhere the DSP with liquid glue to the Highland Heather card base.
- Layer… 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Highland Heather with the Best Dressed 6 x 6 DSP (3 1/4″ x 4/ 1/4″) adhered with liquid glue. Put on dimensionals and adhere to card base, centering the layer.
- Die cuts: Using the Poppy Moments dies, Whisper White for the outline poppy, and the two centers; vellum for the larger poppy and the leaves, green vellum from Perennial Essence for the accent on the leaves. Color the large poppy vellum with Highland Heather dark Stampin’ blends. Adhere the poppy outline to the vellum with glue dots in the3 center only. Adhere each of the centers with mini dimensionals. Adhere the green outline vellum to the plain vellum with glue dots and slip under the poppy to your satisfaction.
- Stamp the front sentiment from Timeless Tropical stamp set (available as part of the SAB. catalogue) in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Cut out with Ornate Frames dies. Adhere with dimensionals.
- The bow – so cute, so fun… I pulled apart three (3) small strands from the flax ribbon and tied in a bow. Adhere with a glue dot.
- The outside is done!!!
- Whisper White card stock cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Adhere 3/8″ strip of Highland Heather to your liking, then add the Best Dressed 6 x 6 DSP.
- Stamp the sentiment from Rare Blessings stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Adhere with liquid glue to the inside of the card.
- Stamp the flower from Rare Blessings stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color using Stampin’ blends markers Highland Heather light and dark and light Old Olive. I LOVE this little flower!
- Make certain when coloring the flower that you slip a barrier inside the envelope as the Stampin’ blends bleed through. I use old card stock scrap and that works just fine.
- Adhere a piece of the remainder of the Best Dressed 6 x 6 DSP piece to the envelope flap.
YAY! Card is complete… be sure you sign it on the back so the receiver knows you made it 😉
This is such a beautiful card. Make certain you send it to someone who could use a brightening of their day.
Leave a Reply