Hello again – blog hop time 😁 and we have a sketch challenge – Christmas! Woohoo! Who doesn’t love the shiny, glittery, bright colors of the holidays? (It’s all the advertising that drives me crazy!)
I’ve chosen to work with the Trimming the Tree bundle. I love what happens with the tree dies in this set of dies ~ it creates all the elements of the tree (branches?) After die cutting, they can be poked out (which I did!).
I began by die cutting the tree outline using the Tree Trimming Dies (the dies retired in September but you can use them if you have them) on the Regals 6×6 DSP in Shaded Spruce and set that aside. I die cut the detailed tree using the Tree Trimming Dies on a smaller panel of Basic White, then again in Shaded Spruce and layered them together with liquid glue then adhered that to a Basic White panel with liquid glue. I put dimensionals on the back of the Regals 6×6 DSP and adhered it over the detailed tree die cut. This allows the tree branches to stick up/ out to give the tree some depth ~ and I love this look!. I then used the Shimmery Crystal Effects to add to many of the branch tips. See photo below for a better ‘look see’. I die cut a star from the Tree Trimmings Dies using the Real Red & White Glimmer 6×6 paper. I put a mini dimensional on it and attached it to the tree top.
I stamped the sentiment from Trimming the Tree stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink on a Basic White piece, then die cut that with the banner die in the Tree Trimmings Dies. I adhered this with dimensionals then added a couple of Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
For the inside… I took the leftover die cut of the outline tree, turned it over to use the opposite side :O), adhered it to the inside Basic White panel. I stamped the sentiment from the Trimming the Tree stamp set in Shaded Spruce, added this panel to the inside of the card and… done!
I kept the envelope simple… added a strip of the Regals 6×6 DSP in Shaded Spruce to the flap, trimmed it to fit and called it completed. I like it and hope you do too :O) The DSP is 3 3/4 x 5; the larger Basic White panel is 4 x 5 1/4; the card base is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
Now it’s time to visit the others on the hop… click the next button to see what Carol has created or click a name to visit another of the hoppers. Thanks so much for joining us. Do have fun hopping!
Terry Lynn Bright ~ you are here 😁
If you would like to order from my online store, that’s really easy to do. And remember to use my current HOST CODE 4GWG47JC to earn credit from me. Here’s how it works… when you place an order of $50 or more (before shipping & taxes), you receive from me a SU! item valued up to $10 + Star-Studded Rewards. If your order exceeds $150, do not use my HOST CODE as SU! has it’s own rewards from which you may choose. You will still receive that FREE ITEM valued up to $10 from me + the Star-Studded Rewards. 😁👍
My Star-Studded Rewards as a THANK YOU
For every $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards , $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc. When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what??? You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order. For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10. Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: 4GWG47JC Click here to go my store.
The following exclusive products are only available while supplies last:
- Framed & Festive Cling Stamp Set (item 160888)*
- Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper (item 161814)
- Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls (item 161822)
The following will be available for purchase in the Mini Catalog starting January 2023:
- Framed Florets Bundle (item 162407)
- Framed Florets Photopolymer Stamp Set (item 161815)*
- Framed Florets Dies (item 160623)
Other opportunities for some gift ideas to friends or family:
161056 BIRTHDAY CARD ORGANIZER KIT. $25 USD | $34 CAD
- Kit includes one 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) monthly planner with space to record birthdays each month as well as a pocket sleeve to hold birthday cards.
- Includes 12 full-size birthday cards, 6 of 2 designs, and 12 coordinating envelopes.
- Includes Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive-Backed Embellishments, and Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Includes die-cut florals and pieces ready for you to use—no prep work required!
- Includes sticker sentiments and die-cut labels in Dutch, English, French, and German
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand, and Soft Succulent
60342 CHRISTMAS GIFTING KIT $21 USD | $29 CAD
- Kit includes 9 tags and 9 gift card holders—3 each of 3 designs
- Includes the exclusive Christmas Gifting Stamp Set and a Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Sized to fit standard gift cards
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, black foil, Mint Macaron, Real Red, Shaded Spruce
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.