Hello to Saturday! It’s the weekend and I hope you have some fun plans included in your day. Hubby & I got our Moderna booster yesterday and so far, no side effects. A bit of a sore arm, but that’s common with just about any injection. My card for today is for a friend of ours turning 90! He still drives to work. Yes, I did say work. He thrives on people and has a very sharp mind.
Isn’t this fun? I love the colors :O) And since he’s very Irish, the green is perfect. This is also a bit of a fun fold, ‘cuz of the way the top folds in to rest on the sentiment (which is raised on dimensionals). The DSP is Expressions in Ink SDSP (it has gold!)
- Christmas Cheer Dies (to die cut the word ‘happy’)
- Biggest Wish stamp set (BIRTHDAY, friend,& happy on inside)
- Playful Alphabet Dies (# & 90)
- Artistically Inked stamp set
- Gilded Gems
- Foam Adhesive Sheets (adhered to panel of DSP then die cut)
- Evening Evergreen card stock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored on the long side @ 2 1/8 & 4 1/4. Burnish both inward.
- Mint Macaron card stock 1 7/8 x 5 3/8; 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
- Basic White card stock 4 x 5 1/4;1 3/4 x 5 1/4; 1 3/4 x 4 (die cut happy); 1 3/4 x 3 (stitched rectangle die cut w/ word
- Expressions in Ink SDSP 2 x 5 3/8 front top panel); 1 15/16 x 5 3/8 (lower front panel); 3 1/2 x 1 1/2 (die cut sentiment – happy); 2 1/4 x 6 (envelope flap)
- Gold Foil Sheets (die cuts for # & 90)
- Evening Evergreen ink (BIRTHDAY)
- Mint Macaron ink (background for sentiments)
- Just Jade ink (inside happy)
- Adhere Adhesive Backed Sheets to Expressions in Ink SDSP
- With the Christmas Cheer Die, die cut the word ‘happy’. HINT… runt the die through once, turn it over and die cut again. This makes certain the die goes through the layers cleanly.
- With the Stitched Rectangle Dies, die cut the rectangle in Basic White.
- Remove the backing on the sentiment ‘happy’ and adhere to the stitched rectangle.
- Adhere the two front panels of Expressions in Ink SDSP to the card base.
- With Stampin’ Seal, run two lines of the seal on the lower half of the stitched rectangle; fold front lower panel on score line and adhere to the this lower panel. REMEMBER… the stitched rectangle stands up! Refer to photo.
- Add two Gilded Gems to the Stitched Rectangle and the front is complete.
For the inside…
- Adhere the smaller Mint Macaron panel & the similar size Basic White panels together. Attach these to the inside of the card – top
- Adhere the largest Mint Macaron panel to the lower portion of the inside of the card.
- With the Basic White inside panel, stamp the ‘splotch’ with Mint Macaron ink using the Artistically Inked stamp set.
- Stamp the word ‘happy’ in Just Jade ink over this ‘splotch’. The word ‘happy’ comes from Biggest Wish stamp set.
- On the smallest Basic White panel, stamp another ‘splotch’ in stamped off or 2nd generation Mint Macaron ink.
- Stamp the word BIRTHDAY from the Biggest Wish stamp set in Evening Evergreen ink.
- Die cut with another Stitched Rectangle Die.
- Cut a 3/8 x 5 1/4 strip of Expressions in Ink SDSP and adhere to the Basic White panel.
- Adhere the stitched Rectangle with dimensionals to the Basic White panel. HINT… this allows the upper fold to stand up :O)
- Die cut the # sign & the two number 90 from Gold Foil scraps and adhere with liquid glue. These dies come from the Playful Alphabet Dies.
- Adhere three Gilded Gems and the inside is complete!
For the envelope…
- Add the Expression in Ink SDSP to the envelope flap
- On the envelope front, stamp the ‘splotch’ in 2nd generation Mint Macaron ink from the Artistically Inked stamp set.
- Stamp the word friend in Evening Evergreen ink using the Biggest Wish stamp set. FINIS…
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: 62EHPGHC I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you! And… as a reminder – during the month of November only, joining is $75 and the products with joining are $125 worth of product ~ your choice too! Just sayin’, I haven’t seen this kind of deal since joining as as demo several years ago. This is the time!
Here’s what I’m encouraging and sharing with you: join to become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator. You may do that with me – here. Joining during the month of November is $75 to create your own ‘starter kit’ ~ but you receive $125 worth of products that you get to choose. When you join, that’s free shipping for that one time, and I must say, I haven’t seen a $75 joining deal like this in my time with Stampin’ Up! This is a sweet package. Start with Savings is what they’re calling the joining promotion.
Thanks for stopping by. May hyou have a beautiful day. Nothing beats a handmade card.
Inspire. Create. Share.