Welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Krew Thursday Blog Hop. The theme for this week is a sketch challenge and I enjoyed/ appreciated a focus :O) I have been so determined to do Christmas cards that I sometimes need to be side-tracked to something else!
My card today reminds me of something feminine and it’s special using the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set, the Encircled in Beauty Dies and the Stitched Greenery Die. Let’s have a look see.
I just realized when I imported this photo that it’s really hard to see the Blackberry Bliss has been imprinted with the Stitched Greenery Die – ugh! You’ll just have to take my word for it :]
- Card base is Thick Basic White 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2.
- Blackberry Bliss was cut 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 then run through with the Stitched Greenery Die. It was then trimmed to 4 7/8 in length and cutting that which was trimmed in half. The main panel was adhered to the card base, then one section that was added to the left. This adds an additional element for the eye.
- Cut a piece of Thick Basic White with the largest of the Encircled in Beauty Dies.
- Stamp with Memento Black ink the image from Hand-Penned Petals. Color with Stampin’ Blends:Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Light Blackberry Bliss
- Add a bow tied with the Open Weave Ribbon in Fresh Freesia and add with a glue dot. Add three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- Put dimensionals on the back of this circle and add it to the card front, centering it on the large panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set in Memento Black ink on a So Saffron scrap. Add dimesnionals and attach.
For the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment, again from Friends are like Seashells stamp set, this time in Blackberry Bliss ink. I really like the fonts on this stamp set and it said exactly what I needed for this card. I added the other strip removed from the front Blackberry Bliss panel, then adhered the Basic White piece (4 x 5 1/4) to the inside of the card.
For the envelope, I used the Stitched Greenery Die to ‘decorate’ the envelope flap – and you can clearly see it here. For the front of the envelope, I stamped this sweet spray with Old Olive ink for the stem and Daffodil Delight ink for the flowers, which I stamped twice to make a larger spray ~ and the card is done
I can’t wait to see what the rest of the group has created with this sketch. Please use the ‘next’ button to take you to Amy Koenders of click on the name whose blog you would like to visit.
Terry Lynn Bright ~ you are here
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: 62EHPGHC I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
And… as a reminder – during the month of November only, joining is $75 and the products with joining are $125 worth of product ~ your choice too! Just sayin’, I haven’t seen this kind of deal since joining as as demo several years ago. This is the time for you!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Nothing beats a handmade card.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply