Oh goodness ~ yesterday was an absolutely BONUS DAY… lots of goodies arrived from, where else? Stampin’ Up! Here’s my first card using this new and fabulous Hydrangea Hill bundle…
Hopefully you can see how three-dimensional the flower itself is… and… here’s what I did:
- On a panel of Basic White, stamp the solid ‘splotch’ in Highland Heather, using the Hydrangea Hill stamp set.
- Stamp the flowers on top of this in Gorgeous Grape and die cut with the Hydrangea Dies
- Die cut petals in both Purple Posy & Vellum – each die will cut nine (9) petals – so you’ll have 18 in all
- Adhere the Vellum petals with liquid glue first – it only takes a small dot of glue, then adhere the Purple Posy petals in the same way. This allows some of the stamped petals to show through and gives it dimension.
- Apply Pearl Basic Jewels to the Purple Posy petals – set aside
- On another panel of Basic White card stock stamp the sentiment from the Hydrangea Hill stamp set in Gorgeous Grape.
- Stamp the stem/ leaves in Memento Black, then stamp with the ‘filler’ stamp in Pear Pizzazz. I really like how this stamp is not full-on solid for it adds texture to the leaves.
- Now stamp the splotch of the flower head again in Highland Heather ink, right on top of that stem.
- I stamped the petals in Gorgeous Grape, but there’s really no need as you will be covering this.
- Place the prepared flower head on dimensionals and add over the splotch but off centering a bit so the splotch shows like a shadow.
- Now add a Sheer Ribbon bow in Gorgeous Grape with a glue dot.
- It still needed something so I pulled out the new Pastel Pearls and added just one. If you do not have these, you could color one of the Pearl Basic Jewels with a Stampin Blends.
- Adhere this completed Basic White panel to Highland Heather with liquid glue, then to another panel of Gorgeous Grape. Put dimensionals on the back and adhere to a purple Posy card base and voila – the front is complete!
For the inside, I took another panel of Basic White card stock and stamped an elongated ‘splotch’ in Highland Heather, then over-stamped with the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape. Yep, still from the Hydrangea Hill stamp set! I found a Purple Posy petal on the floor (how it got there – who knows!) so adhered it with a dot of liquid glue and added a Pearl Basic jewel. I adhered this panel to another of Highland Heather with liquid glue and then into the Purple Posy card base – and the card was done…
For the envelope, I took some of the awesome Hydrangea Hill DSP and adhered it to the envelope flap. Then I took another of the ‘splotches’ and stamped it on the corner of the envelope – in Highland Heather ink. With Gorgeous Grape ink, I stamped the pretty posies on top of the splotch – FINIS!
This is such a pretty stamp set and so fun to use. There are some fun dies for the leaves I can’t wait to use… another day. 😁 Card cuts for this project will be listed at the bottom of this post.
Now – let’s talk about the Whisper White – Basic White card stock… Whisper White has been fazed out and is no longer available (the company producing it closed 😞). However, another company is now making the new product and of course it couldn’t be called the same – Basic White it is… and now available in all sizes, envelopes, note cards, you name it. Click on the link and you can start purchasing any time – it includes the numbers & everything – so making it easy peasy for you. https://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Promotions/2020/Basic-White/BASIC-WHITE-ANNOUNCEMENT-FLYER_US.pdf
You can find the list of those products just below. And I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE RSVNH4XW- good Jan 5-20. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products.
Remember that now through the end of February is Sale-a-bration which means… drum roll please… FREE select product for every order of $50 or more… see photos below of those items.
And if your order exceeds $100…
Understand that if your order is $100 or more, you may choose two items at the $50 level or one at the $100 level – got it? Hope that is clear! If not, give me a holler… firstname.lastname@example.org
Card cuts for today’s project:
Basic White 3 3/4 x 5 (2) + scrap for flower head die cut
Highland Heather 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 & 4 x 5 1/4 (inside)
Gorgeous Grape 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
Purple Posy 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply