It is so fun to work with new product… I don’t know why that is ~ learning curve, different inspiration, just new ~ who knows! A Touch of Ink stamp set will be available as part of Sale-a-bration beginning Jan 5, 2021. It’s FREE with a $100 purchase from any Stampin’ Up! catalog. The Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog goes live that day as well, so there will be lots to choose from. If you do not have a demonstrator, feel free to contact me.
All the images and sentiments are from this new stamp set, A Touch of Ink. It’s a 2-step set, meaning the outline then the ‘coverage’ stamp. And just so you know, the second step is not meant to stay within the lines. It’s artsy and definitely not solid. I hope you can tell that by what you see in the photo above. I did not use the two-step for the butterfly, I chose to use Stampin’ Blends. Let me give you the details…
- Stamp the leaves, flower, and butterfly with Tuxedo Black ink on a Whisper White panel
- Stamp the 2nd step for the leaves: top set in Old Olive ink, the lower set of leaves in Soft Sea Foam
- Stamp the 2nd step for the flowers in Crushed Curry ink
- Color the butterfly using various Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Purple Posy, Highland Heather, Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight. Cover with Wink of Stella
- Adhere the panel to Basic Black card stock with liquid glue
- Adhere Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins
- Stamp the word ‘Hope’ in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Whisper White scrap. Cut square about 3/4″, make it a diamond in lieu of a square, creating interest. Adhere to Basic Black card stock and trim to desired diamond. Adhere to the card with dimensionals
- Adhere completed panel to Thick Whisper White card stock and your card front is complete
In the left photo I was hoping you could tell I added Wink of Stella to the butterfly ~ does it show up sparkly? I made sure I did each individual color with a single stroke of the brush, otherwise the colors could possibly bleed into one another.
In the photo at right, inside of the card…. On a piece of Whisper White card stock I stamped the butterfly 2nd step with Soft Sea Foam ink, just wanting to create a background for the sentiment. The sentiment is from A Touch of Ink stamp set as mentioned, stamped in Tuxedo Black memento ink. This was adhered to the inside of the card weithn liquid glue – and finis for the card!
For the envelope, I covered the flap with Ornate Garden DSP and trimmed it to fit. I then stamped the leaves from A Touch of Ink in Old Olive ink and stamped the 2nd step in Soft Sea Foam ink and the card was done.
Card stock cuts may be found at the end of this post. Products used for today’s project may be found below. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SAZV3JTK– good until Jan 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
WooHoo! Stampin’ Up! has gone over the top… check out the Giant Year-end sale here
Sale Dates: December 8, 2020 through January 4, 2021
- No minimum purchase required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
- Exclusions apply: Carryover items will not be discounted.
- Due to increased shipping times and possible shipping delays during the month of December, we can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.
- Ordering Deadlines: January 4, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Shop early! The items that are retiring are only while supplies last!!
Card cuts for today’s project:
Thick Whisper White 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
Whisper White 3 3/4 x 5 (front panel), 4 x 5 1/4 (inside panel) + scrap for front sentiment
Basic Black 4 x 5 1/4 + scrap for sentiment (about 1″ square)
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.