It’s Monday – and another week begins… tomorrow is Dec 8 – a GIANT Year-end Clearance Day for Stampin’ Up! Before I get to my card for the day, here are the details about the sale.
Lots going on in the Stampin’ Up world: giant year-end clearance of retiring items from the 2020 Aug – Dec Mini Catalog. Look carefully at the list. Some items will not be offered as a bundle in the new catalog but are returning items. If you have questions, please contact me.
- No minimum purchase required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
- Exclusions apply: Carryover items will not be discounted.
- Due to increased shipping times and possible shipping delays during the month of December, we can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.
- Ordering Deadlines: January 4, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT). The items that are retiring are only while supplies last!! And everything on this list is retiring!!
Please see my Dec 5 post for the complete list. Now that I have your attention 😏, let’s look at today’s card.
This card has a couple of really nice elements to it: the Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP, that center succulent colored in alcohol Blends, the bow, and I love the color of the flowerpot, and the sentiment banner is awesome.
Supplies you will need to create this card:
- Simply Succulents stamp set and coordinating Potted Succulents Dies ~ available Jan 5, 2021
- Rococco Rose card base 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Whisper White card stock (2) 4 x 5 1/4 + another 4 x 5 1/4 for all the die cuts. Helpful TIP: you can die cut some of the pieces from the Whisper White panel used on the front of the card since it is covered by the DSP.
- Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP – available Jan 5, 2021
- Basketweave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack – using the Mint Macaron Basketweave ribbon
- Stampin Blends: Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Cinnamon Cider, Color Lifter
- Inks: Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaron, Highland Heather, Rich Razzleberry, Cinnamon Cider
- extras…Versamark & Clear Embossing Powder, Wink of Stella
- Blending Brushes – available Jan 5, 2021 ~ these are w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l
Yes, that’s a lot of supplies.. and let me just say ~ you could get by not using the Stampin Blends OR not using the Blending Brushes. There are two different effects going on in this card: the Blends for coloring the one large succulent and the Blending Brushes and inks for the very soft coloring using many inks. I wanted to try them together, The Blends really bring out all the detail of the succulent, while the Blending Brushes create a very soft look. Both are effective and it depends on what you’re wanting. I rather like the combined use here.
- Stamp the large succulent and the two smaller succulents with Versamark ink on Whisper White card stock that has been rubbed with the embossing buddy. The embossing buddy helps remove static so the embossing powder sticks just to the ink. 🙂
- Cover with Clear Embossing Powder, flick off the extra and heat set with your heat gun.
- Color these pieces prior to die cutting.
- With the Stampin Blends, color the largest succulent, first using the Soft Sea Foam, then Mint Macaron, then move the dark with more Soft Sea Foam. Add the Petal Pink blends to the tips of the succulent and a final touch of Blushing Bride Marker
- With the Blending Brushes and inks, begin coloring with the lightest shade of green (Soft Sea Foam) using a circular motion and starting off the page. Begin adding color where you want more darkness: Mint Macaron, then the Highland Heather and finally Rich Razzleberry, but only a little of that.
- Die cut your pieces using the Potted Succulent Dies
- Stamp the flower pot in Cinnamon Cider ink on Whisper White card stock, color in using the Cinnamon Cider Blends. Use the Color Lifter to create highlights. Cover the pot with Wink of Stella. Die cut the flower pot with the Potted Succulent Dies.
- Layer your pieces:
- Adhere 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White to the Rococco Rose card base with liquid glue
- Adhere the 3 7/8 x 5 Oh So Ombre panel next, using liquid glue
- Adhere the flower pot with liquid glue
- Adhere the large succulent with dimensionals, then add the other two succulents, also with dimensionals
- Add the bow with a glue dot: Basketweave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack, Mint Macaron
- Stamp the sentiment from the Simply Succulent stamp set in Rococco Rose ink on Whisper White card stock and die cut with one of the awesome banner dies from the Potted Succulent Dies. Adhere to the card front with dimensionals. Your card front is done!
For the inside, on a panel of Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4, stamp one of the succulent stamps from the Simply Succulents stamp set in Soft Sea Foam ink. Stamp in the corners a few times. Adhere the panel to the inside of the card with liquid glue.
For the envelope, cover the flap with more of the Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP with an added piece of Rococco Rose. Trim to fit. Stamp the same succulent used on the inside of the card in Soft Sea Foam, both on the flap and on the card front. Nicely done!
The product list may be found below ~ except for those items not available until Jan 5, 2021! As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SVFB9YJY – good until Dec 10, 2020. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.