Yesterday I spoke about this Curvy bundle, how it’s available now and will be in the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and decided to feature it today with a fun twist to it. I have used two beautiful Designer Series Papers: In Good Taste and the Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP.
I really like the In Good Taste DSP as the soft background for this card. And it definitely shows off the Curvy Dies. Curvy Dies were used to cut out not only the curves of the background, but that sweet ‘spray’, the two long leaf branches and the bird. OK, guess it’s time for a bit more detail…
- the card base is Smokey Slate 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- the In Good Taste DSP layer is 4 x 5 1/4; cut as shown using one of the Curvy Dies & adhered with liquid glue
- Using two Layering Ovals Dies, I cut the window frame from Whisper White card stock. I then die cut another oval from Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP and adhered it with liquid glue to the back of the frame
- Stamp the bird on Whisper White card stock using the Quite Curvy stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color it using the Stampin Blends Seaside Spray and Flirty Flamingo. Isn’t it the sweetest? Die cut the bird with one of the Curvy Dies.
- Stamp the floral ‘spray’ on Whisper White card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink – this also comes as part of the Quite Curvy stamp set. Color it using the light & dark Just Jade Stampin Blends and the Rococco Rose Marker. Die cut using the Curvy Dies.
- Die cut two leaf branches using the Curvy Dies: one in Soft Sea Foam & another in Pretty Peacock. Adhere the leaf branches to the floral spray with liquid glue, then adhere this to the window frame with liquid glue and dimensionals at each end of the floral spray for support.
- Adhere the completed window frame to the front of the card with dimensionals. Adhere the bird with a mini dimensional and the card front is complete.
For the inside & the envelope…
- On a 4 x 5 1/4 panel of Whisper White card stock, stamp the sentiment in Smokey Slate ink using the Quite Curvy stamp set.
- Stamp the small leaf spray in Just Jade ink
- Adhere the panel to the Smokey Slate card base and the card is done.
- Adhere a panel of the same In Good Taste DSP to the envelope flap with liquid glue & trim to fit.
- Stamp the sweet bird on both the envelope flap and the front of the envelope: color using Stampin Blends Seaside Spray & Flirty Flamingo.
The product list for todays project may be found below. Thanks for being a customer! As a thank you I offer with a $50 – $150 purchase a SU! item valued at $10 – your choice of item! Please use my current HOST CODE XS4MSSFN when ordering now through Nov 18 to receive your free item. Please let me know if I may assist you in some way.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.