Hellooooo! First of all, my apologies for not posting first thing this morning… I played hooky by carving pumpkins with our local family – such fun! But alas – my card for today… Posted For You stamp set and the coordinating Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch, which is a BUNDLE! And what does a bundle mean? It means 10% off when you purchase them together :O)
Here’s the card…
Confession… I haven’t played much with this set, but this convinced me to do more with it. It’s delicate and sweet… could be for a child or adult depending on what you did with it. And the Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch creates this wonderful edge that looks like what else – but a postage stamp!
The how to….
- Begin with a Thick Whisper White card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Next layer is a panel of Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4 run through the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. This is a 3D embossing folder so it’s especially helpful to lightly spritz your paper to prevent it from cracking.
- Adhere the ribbon with Stampin’ Seal by running it along the ribbon. This ribbon is wide enough and it works perfectly. The ribbon is the 1/2″ Mint Macaron from the Basketweave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack.
- Adhere this embossed & ribboned panel to the card base with liquid glue.
- Stamp the image three times from Posted For You stamp set on Whisper White card stock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color the leaves with Just Jade Stampin Blends; color the sweet birds with two items… first the belly with Cherry Cobbler pencil and a Blender pen, then the bird body with Balmy Blue Blends. I used the pencil as I didn’t want the belly to be a strong color and there is more control with the pencil as to darkness. Punch them out with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch.
- Adhere the punched birds with liquid glue to a panel of Balmy Blue card stock: 2 1/4 x 4 3/4.
- Adhere the Balmy Blue panel with liquid glue to a Just Jade card stock strip 2 1/2 x 5.
- Adhere this to the card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp the Special Delivery stamp using Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a Whisper White scrap and die cut with the smallest circle in the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp the birthday stamp from the Posted For You stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a Whisper White strip about 3/4″ wide and die cut with the banner die in the All Dressed Up Dies.
- Adhere this banner with liquid glue to a 1/4″ strip of Balmy Blue card stock, trim the ends, then adhere this to a 1/2 wide strip of Just Jade card stock.
- Adhere the banner to the card front with dimensionals, then add the Special Delivery circle also with dimensionals and voila – your card from is complete!
For the inside…
- Stamp the sentiment from Posted For You stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Black ink on a Whisper White panel 4 x 5 1/4.
- Stamp the LOVE stamp in the lower right corner with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color with Stampin Blends: Just Jade & Poppy Parade.
- Adhere to the inside of the card with liquid glue and your card is done, done!
For the envelope… All I did was cut a panel of Balmy Blue card stock 2 1/4 x 6, run it through the Tasteful Touches 3D embossing folder and adhere with liquid glue to the envelope flap and trim.
Such a sweet and cheerful birthday card using the Posted For You stamp set & Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch – available as a bundle to say 10%. Just sayin’… this is a deal. and here’s a picture of the card again.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Product list is below… remember to use my CURRENT HOST CODE: HXXMKN2X when your order is between $50-$150 to receive a free gift from me valued at $10 (yep – a SU! product!!!)