It’s Sunday! Today on the coast of Jersey we have a sunshiny day, a bit cool at just 32 degrees but it is to get up to 61 before the day begins to cool again. I have to say, the daffodils and pansies and Hellebores (Lenten Rose) love these cool temps and are thriving. What’s our card for today? There isn’t one – it’s a box 😁. Todays post is all about the Stampin’ Up! Acetate Card Boxes, a bit of ribbon and Designer Series Paper. Let’s take a look…
I’m going to walk you through this with photos and it’s really quite easy…
- Cut your Acetate Card Box in half before opening it – at 4″. Put each half together, folding in the tabs and bottom.
- Add Tear n Tape about 1/2″ from edge, beginning at the cut edge of the box and wrapping around the bottom to the next cut edge. Do this for both sides of each box.
- Cut ribbon 24″. The purple ribbon is NOT a Stampin’ Up! product – shame on me… but the other is Gray Granite Textured Weave 1/2′ ribbon
- Beginning at bottom of box and on the back side, wrap ribbon up to cut edge, create a loop and then back down on the same side of the box, then turning box over continue the wrapping process. TIP: You will notice in the picture that I unraveled only a portion of the Tear n Tape as I went – this prevents sticking to any of your surface area if you put the box down. I used glue dots at the end of the ribbon to hold it in place.
- Cut your DSP 6 x 4 3/8, and score at 2 3/4 and 3 1/4. Burnish. This becomes your bottom. I used Golden Honey Specialty DSP for both boxes. Add a glue dot to each side of the “bottom” about 1/2″ in from edge. This holds the paper in place and is covered by the ribbon. Slip your DSP inside the box. Adhere a glue dot at the top, also where the ribbon is, again to hold the paper in place.
- Embellish you Acetate Box front… I used Pearlized Doilies and colored them. The purple is done with Blackberry Bliss ink and a roller. It creates a soft look. The Daffodil Delight doily was colored using Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin Blends. I wanted it to really stand out.
- Using your Stitched Shapes Dies, cut a circle. Stamp your sentiment: for the purple box I used Part of My Story stamp set in Blackberry Bliss ink; for the Daffodil Delight box I used the Honey Bee stamp set and Memento Black ink.
- Adhere the circle to the doily with liquid glue. Adhere to the box with dimensionals. Add Glitter Enamel Dots.
- Using the Detailed Bee Dies, cut two bees for each box from another piece of the Specialty DSP. Color the stripes on the bees with Dark Basic Black Stampin Blends. Adhere with dimensionals.
I love these little boxes and so fun to decorate. I’m preparing card kits for some of my students and will fill these with the card cuts. I think they will enjoy the little extra surprise for them.
Thanks for stopping by. Please check out the Clearance Rack as it has some really awesome products at a very reduced price. And the Honey Bee Dies are back in stock so order those quickly before they disappear.
May you have a beautiful day today.
Make someone happy by sending them a special gift!