Today’s card features the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Poppies DSP and several coordinating products: Peaceful Poppies Elements, Poppy Moments Dies, the Peaceful Moments stamp set AND the Painted Poppies stamp set – all in one card! So fun… here it is…
And here’s how to make it…
- Whisper White Thick card stock for the card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Peaceful Poppies DSP 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere to the card front with liquid glue.
- Using the second largest circle in the Layering Circles Dies, cut a circle about 3/4″ from the top and centered right to left.
- Cut another circle out of coordinating Peaceful Poppies DSP using the same circle die.
- Using the largest Stitched Shapes Dies circle, cut a circle from Rich Razzleberry.
- Adhere the coordinating DSP circle to the Rich Razzleberry circle with dimensionals.
- Place the circle on the inside without glue. Locate the correct placement for this circle set by closing the card front over it, carefully lifting the card front while still holding the double circle in place. Make very small pencil marks on the outside of the double circle to use as a guideline for adhering. Attach this to the card inside with liquid glue. Erase pencil marks if they show.
That was the hard part! Now the rest is easy… Back to the card front…
- With your Peaceful Poppies Elements at hand, remove the double poppy and three leaves from the vellum. I arranged these as desired and felt something more was needed.
- Diecut the leaves from vellum using the Poppy Moments Dies
- The double poppy elements were put on dimensionals, but before adhering, the vellum leaves were adhered with glue dots,. making certain those glue dots would be covered by the double poppy element. Attach the double poppy.
- Stamp your sentiment using the Painted Poppies stamp set with Memento Black ink.
- Because the circle is already in place, all you need is your sentiment. I found these two from the Well Said stamp set, stamped in Memento Black ink.
- Using liquid glue, adhere a 2 1/4″ x 6″ strip of the coordinating DSP to the envelope flap and trim.
- On the card front, stamp the leaves from the Painted Poppies stamp set with Memento Black ink.
- Color the leaves with Old Olive marker and the stem with Granny Apple Green marker. TIP… when coloring anything, leave a bit of white showing. It gives the leaf (or whatever the stamp is) a bit of reality and depth.
Your card is complete and ready to send… this one is going to a fellow stamper who has just achieved a goal. Hope she likes it!
Thanks for stopping by today.
May you have a beautiful day!
Maker someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
Please use my CURRENT HOST CODE WHEN SHOPPING WITH ME… XYW2SYNV. Sale-a-bration ends today, March 31. I’ll be back later with more info about that.