Hi Everyone! TGIF!!! Whew – long, busy week – how about you? And here it is almost weekend and well, still full plate. Not complaining, just sayin’… Today’s card is not my usual style, it’s a bit on the modern side. The thing is – I really like this paper :O). It’s called Abstract Beauty 4 x 6 DSP. This sort of ‘brush stroke’ look is modern and fun. The butterfly definitely softens the look.
Several layers here, but that is what makes it fun – it keeps the eye moving.
- Card base is Thick Basic White 8 1/2 x 5 12 scored at 4 1/4
- Abstract Beauty background layer is 4 x 5 3/8 adhered to the card base
- The next panel is also Abstract Beauty 3 x 3 1/2 and adhered.
- The stripe layer is yet another panel of Abstract Beauty 1 1/2 x 5 and adhered directly
- On a 5/8″ strip of Basic White, stamp the sentiment in Just Jade ink. The sentiment comes from Through It Together stamp set. I punched the one end with the Tailored Tag Punch. This was attached with dimensionals.
- Die cut a Vellum circle with the Layering Circles Dies.
- Adhere the butterfly about in the center of the circle with liquid glue just along the body.
- The butterfly was created by using a Blending Brush and Balmy Blue, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz inks on a Basic White piece, then die cutting with the Brilliant Wings Dies.
- Add dimensionals to the Vellum circle but just along the body of the butterfly. The reason is the dimensionals will show if added anywhere else and here they are hidden but still give dimension to the piece.
- Add several Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the circle, butterfly and on the sentiment panel. Done!
For the inside I added a scrap of the background Abstract Beauty DSP with liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink – from the Through It Together stamp set. And the final touch here – two of the adorable and perfect Brushed Brass Butterflies. The Basic White panel was adhered to the inside of the card and voila ~ the card is complete.
The envelope got another bit of the same Abstract Beauty 4×6 DSP to the flap.
Products to make this card are listed below so feel free to order away :O) If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me (the 2022-2023 AC will be available as of May 2!!!) – happy to send one to you. AND… I have the Jan-Jun 2022 Mini Catalog and can send that as well – ordering from that catalog ends soon! When ordering, please also use current host code: 22R4JPCG. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
You can reserve your copy of this catalog by contacting me ~ just let me know and i’ll get in touch with you :O). Be a part of this amazing community! I received my copy of the catalog yesterday… and the preorder for demonstrators began today… guess who got their order in early today … me, me, me! Can’t wait! And I want to share it with you – so stay tuned. 👍😁😉
What else is going on… oh yes… with the upcoming launch of a new catalog, there are also items RETIRING, some for a real bargain. It is always bittersweet to see some of these items go away. Remember too, only available while supplies last.
You may click here to see the list of last chance products. After making your list, click here to go my store. Happy, happy shopping.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Send a friend a handmade card filled with love ~ make them smile.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply