Here we are for the “Fall Frenzy” of the awesome Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Blog Hop… wait till you see the wonderful creations everyone has posted
We begin with Shimmer White card stock and do a watercolor wash with Soft Sea Foam using the new Water Painters. Set it aside to dry and do the die cuts: Crumb Cake for the largest leaf in the Stitched Leaves Dies, Soft Suede for the medium leaf from the StitchedLeaves Dies and Soft Sea Foam for the third and smallest leaf – this time from the Gathered Leaves Dies. The berries are die cut both from Whisper White and Shimmer White card stock using the Poinsettia Dies. I used my bone folder and the Stampin’ Pierce mat to follow along the main veins on each of the leaves to encourage ‘curling’ or ‘creasing’ to give them dimension.
Now that the wash is dry, let’s begin the layering… the two larger leaves go on first… I used glue dot in the center to hold them together then rolled glue dots to put one on a fold of the two side leaves. This holds them in place so they don’t flop. I added the smallest leaf also with a glue dot, then added the berry die cuts with liquid glue. When necessary I shorted stems to make them fit nicely. I stamped the sentiment from the Love of Leaves stamp set. Finally I added several; Elegant Faceted Gems to give the card a bit of sparkle. This panel was adhered to a Soft Sea Foam then dimesnionals added to the back. This was adhered to the Shimmery White card base.
For the inside I stamped the leaves in Soft Suede from the Forever Fern stamp set on a Whisper White panel. The sentiment comes from the Love of Leaves stamp set and is also in Soft Suede. This was adhered to another piece Soft Sea Foam then mounted to the card base. Voila! card is complete and gorgeous. I love the soft colors and the layering.
The stamps and dies for today’s card are mostly from the new Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalog, pages 49-50. Gathering Leaves is a returning stamp set and may be found in the Annual catalog. Need help locating these? Here is a link to the Mini Catalog: 20200804_AD_en_US
Card Cuts for today’s card:
- Shimmery White 3 3/4 x 5 (front panel) 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 cored at 4 1/4 + scraps for berries
- Soft Sea Foam 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 (front) 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 (inside)
- Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4 (inside)
- Scraps of Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Soft Sea Foam for leaves
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
- Ksenzakovic – https://wp.me/paaNf4-2LD
- Terry Lynn Bright – https://wp.me/p8fxPh-JY
- Mary Deatherage – https://wp.me/p5snyt-ecO
- Leslie Larkin – https://leslielarkin.com/love-of-leaves-bundle/
- Akiko Sudano – https://wp.me/paOv8E-1y8
- Julie Johnston – https://wp.me/p8SzmQ-2lB
- Jaimie Babarczy – https://wp.me/p79UhD-47T
- Sue Prather – https://wp.me/p5yitZ-254
- Donna Leonard – http://stampdabbles.com/?p=2586
- Nicole Bloxom – https://bloxiegirl.blogspot.com/2020/08/stampin-up-fall-frenzy-blog-hop-with.html
- Amy Koenders – https://wp.me/p2SFwf-kqs