Good Friday morning! You may remember that last week I held a watercolor class. Today I am sharing a card made with the no-line watercoloring technique and the Cottage Rose stamp set. I also incorporated the Charming Sentiments stamp set & Sentiment Silhouette Dies, Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels and Metallic Woven Ribbon in Parakeet Party.
Let me explain the no-line watercoloring technique. I used Fluid 100 watercolor paper, Water painters, (primarily the thin & medium brushes) and several inks. I stamped the rose with Sahara Sand ink on the Fluid 100 paper, got my brush a bit wet by pushing water to the brush tip pinching the water barrel of the painter. I got ink in the lid of the Polished Pink ink pad and a bit of water. I dabbed into the wetness, tapped on grid paper then onto the stamped image. There are two key take-a-ways: not too much water & the more ink on the painter, the darker it will color. I continued the process to color the rose, then the leaves with Mint Macaron first then shaded with Old Olive. My final step was the flower center with So Saffron ink, then dabs of color on the small flowers I am calling status. Once completely colored, I set this aside to dry.
While that was drying, I prepared the card stock and layers: Sahara Sand for the card base, another layer of Sahara Sand run through the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Polished Pink for backing the Fluid 100 stamped image, and Polished Pink & Basic White for the inside. Let’s look at the image again.
The embossed layer is adhered directly to the card base. You can use Stampin’ Seal or liquid glue. I prefer the liquid glue for what I call ‘wiggle room’. The stamped image is adered to Polished Pink in the same fashion, then put on dimensionals and added to the embossed card front. The thin Metallic Woven Ribbon is just the right width for this image and the bow was added with a glue dot. The sentiment is stamped with Sahara Sand ink on Basic White using the Charming Sentiments stamp set, then die cut with the coordinating Sentiment Silhouettes Dies – l-o-v-e this bundle! It was added with a dimensional and finally three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
For the inside I stamped the leaf image in stamped off Old Olive, then stamped the sentiment with full strength on a Basic White panel. As you can see, it too is added to a Polished Pink panel and adhered to the inside of the card.
This leaf is just a wonderful image, so I used it on the envelope, even allowing the leaf to overhang the fold :O) Of course, I used Old Olive ink. This technique creates a beautiful card – and I’ve sent it already and gotten a response from the recipient – yay! It feels good to thank folks for a job well done – to make them realize they are appreciated. If you do a no-line watercolor, would you share it with me? I would love to see it!
Products to make this card are from the 2022-2023 AnnualCatalog. If you do not have a demonstrator and need catalogs please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. The other two catalogs available right now are the Jul-Dec 2022 Catalog and the Sale-a-bration Catalog. When ordering, please also use my current host code: YM6ZTUJE. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Star Special kicking off the new Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog
OK – DOUBLE STAR REWARDS ended a bit ago ~ I’m sorry you missed the deal. BUT – With the start of this new catalog I am beginning a STAR REWARDS program ~ YAY! This will continue from this day forth and below is the informations about those customer rewards.
Here’s how my STAR REWARDS work:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.
- Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards, $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc.
- When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what???
- You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order.
- For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10.
And remember too, during this time of Sale-a-bration, for every $50 order from any catalog, you’ll earn free Sale-a-bration goodies from Stampin’ Up!
Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: YM6ZTUJE Click here to go my store.
NEW FREE ITEMS ADDED when making purchases during Sale-a-bration
Since this flyer is hard to read… photos from top left to right
- Timber 3D Embossing Folder 163094 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Flowers of home Dies 163095 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Silver Foil Specialty Pack 163096 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Gingham Embossing Folder 163097 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Dots & Spots Die 163098 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Daffodil Dies 163099 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Seashells 3D Embossing Folder 163100 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Kraft Gift Boxes 163101 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Aspen Tree Dies 163102 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Brushed Metallic Card Stock 163103 – free w/ $50 purchase
Be sure to use the items numbers listed for these products to be redeemed as Sale-a-bration items. These products have different numbers in the catalog and therefore don’t register as part of
If you have questions about this – connect with me!
NEW COZY & BRIGHT CARD KIT AVAILABLE Aug. 3 – 160338!
Celebrate the season with a card kit that has everything you need wish those you love a merry Christmas and a joyous New Year. Don’t let the holidays overwhelm you–get your all-inclusive kit and make quick multiples everyone will love! Available NOW!
COZY & BRIGHT KIT
$23 USD | $32 CAD
Available starting August 3!
This Paper Pumpkin Kit has so much in store—elegant watercolor designs hand-crafted by our in-house artists, TWO Classic Stampin’ Spots for a Two-Step stamping experience, and the all-new twist technique to make your floral designs come alive with depth and detail!
And the August Paper Pumpkin Kit includes the Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets as a FREE gift that will add the perfect golden accent to any card or project. We can’t wait to see the bee-utiful projects you’ll create!
This kit includes:
- All the supplies you need to create 9 cards: 3 each of 3 designs; and coordinating envelopes.
- An all-occasion stamp set to express words of gratitude, friendship, greetings and beautiful wildflower designed images.
- Specialty Vellum honeycomb shape pre-cut pieces.
- 2 Classic Stampin’ Spots (Crushed Curry and Soft Suede) for a Two-Step stamping experience with a twist!
- Paper pieces and embellishments with watercolor designs and images.
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- FREE GIFT: 8 Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets
Completed card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Order between Jul 11 – Aug 10!
The Back To School Sales Tax Holiday is going on until August. For those of you living in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia…you’ve got sales tax holidays coming up!! The good news is that some items in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs qualify for the sales tax holidays! The list of sales tax holidays by state and items in that state that qualify Here on a printable PDF. Check it out to see when your state has the Sales Tax Holiday.
Thanks for stopping by May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share
Leave a Reply