Hello there! It’s our Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop and I’ve a fun card to share with you today. We have a sketch challenge and I’m using three of the new In Colors and a couple of embossing folders to share with you.
And here’s our sketch challenge for this week.
And here’s what I created for the challenge… embossing folders to create texture and share in new product!
Super fun – so out of my ordinary with color combo, but I love it! I started with a Tahitian Tide card base, and cut another of the same card stock in 4 1/4 x 5 12, embossed that piece with the Stripes & Splatters Embossing Folder (EF) using the splatters EF and adhered directly to the front of the card.
I cut a panel of Starry Sky 2 7/8 x 3 7/8 and put dimensionals on the back. Next I ran a panel of Parakeet Party cut to the same size through the Cut & Emboss machine with the Twigs & Sprigs EF, layered it off-center on the Starry Sky panel and adhered the two together with liquid glue, then with dimensionals on the back of the Starry Sky piece, added them both to the card front. I cut a strip of Starry Sky 5/8 x about 2 1/2, stamped the sentiment from Charming Sentiments in VersaMark ink. I then sprinkled it with White Embossing Powder and heat set it with the Heat Tool. I added two 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots in Parakeet Party to the banner, put dimensionals on the back and added it to the card. DONE!
For the inside, I again used the Charming Sentiments stamp set to stamp the sentiment directly on the inside of the card in Starry Sky ink. I did this using the Stamparatus… cuz I needed the next layer, the Basic White panel to be in the perfect spot.
With the Basic White panel in place, I stamped it with Starry Sky without re-inking, removed the Basic White panel and die cut the words with the new & fabulous Sentiment Silhouette Dies (coordinates with the Charming Sentiments stamp set and as a bundle is 10% off!). I then adhered the Basic White panel to the inside of the card & voila. :O) I hadn’t done this before and am really pleased with the way it turned out. Isn’t that fun?
OK, card was complete, time to do the envelope…remember the words die cut from the Basic White inside panel? I adhered them with liquid glue to the envelope front. For the flap, I ran a piece of Starry Sky card stock through the Stripes & Splatters EF, using the stripes EF, adhered it to the flap & trimmed to fit. Bingo.
Let me tell you about the Twigs & Sprigs Embossing Fold & Die – it’s two parts… the die cuts all the twigs & sprigs from the EF so they can be used in a fun way on another card. I was playing you see, wanted to know what it would do… and it’s run through together, at the same time. To create this card front, I didn’t use the die, just the EF. You understood that, right? Good! Just wanted to be sure. 😏
OK – hop… To continue the hop, click the next button or click on a name to visit a specific blog. Either way, enjoy this creative bunch. Thanks for joining us today!
Products to order this card are listed below. If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me (the 2022-2023 AC) – happy to send one to you. When ordering, please also use current host code: AZQDZ4U4. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Let’s talk starter kit… New In Colors, New 2022-2023 Annual Catalog release
Starter Kit Price: $99 USD | $135 CAD
Redemption Value: $125 USD | $165 CAD
Additional In Color Products: $66.50 USD | $91.25 CAD
In Color Grid Paper, In Color Ink Pad Collection, In Color Cardstock Collection, and In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments.
You’ll also get a free Paper Pumpkin kit!
PROMOTION DATES: 3–31 MAY 2022
Join our incredible group of crafters and creators.
If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here.
Just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator AND part of our Critters ‘n Creatin’ Krew Team:
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items about a month before they are available to customers!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- Stampin’ Up! does have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that.
If you join with me, you’ll also get:
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. Team members are located all over the United States, but we still get together in person online and have lots of fun.
- Quarterly in-person meetings if you live in the NJ or surrounding area, where we get together to do a little stamping, creating, getting to know one another and most of all SHARE inspiration. If you live outside the NJ area you can join us through that wonderful ZOOM video conference.
- Free access to our online class tutorials. These are exceptional!
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes for reaching sales and team goals or attending specific meetings. 😉
- The best part is the laughing and kidding and sharing of information/ creativity/ talent ~ following the SU! adage: Inspire. Create. Share. ❤️ 😁
If you would like to be a part of all the above AND enjoy that 20% discount,
join my team now… you may do that here.
hanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Remember to connect with me if you need a new catalog!
Leave a Reply