And my card for today is a slimline card and sort of a fun fold. I was inspired by team mate Jaimie B. I loved the fold, it was a win-win kind of card that could be used for MANY occasions. For today’s challenge, I used it as a fall “appreciate you” kind of card. At the end of this post, because I really like the fold & the slim line, I will share three more that I created. As I mentioned already, this card can be used for just about anything ~ up & down or sideways. Here’s the card for the hop. And… I’m entering this card in the Just Us Girls challenge.
What do you think? Like? I LOVE it! I like the fold, I like the leaves, I like the DSP on this card. And the layers are fun, simple and yet, they add a really nice element to the card.
Basic elements of this card:
- Early Espresso card stock, cut 7 1’2 x 8 1’2, scored on the short side at 1 3/4 & 5 1/4
- Create layers:
- Basic White or layer 1: 1 5/8 x 8 3/8; 2 x 8 3/8; overlay ~ 3 1/4 x 5 3/8
- DSP – here I used Bloom Where You’re Planted 12 x 12 DSP: 1 1/2 x 8 1/4; 2 x 8 1/4
- Adhere these together & attach to appropriate panel of card base.
- Overlay: Real Red card stock 2 1/4 x 5 1/2 + Basic White 2 1/8 x 5 3/8 (emboss the Basic White piece – for this card I used Bark 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere embossed Basic White panel to the Real Red piece then decorate
To decorate the Overlay:
- On a Basic White piece, with Blending Brushes & Real Red ink, Old Olive ink and Early Espresso ink, color a Basic White piece.
- Die cut this colored panel with the Intricate Leaves Dies., then color again using the same color inks and the Blending Brushes. It might be necessary to add Early Espresso ink at the edges ~ I did. Die cut with the Intricate Leaves Dies.
- Stamp the smaller Maple leaf in Old Olive ink, second generation. With a blend Brush, add Real Red ink. Die cut with the Intricate Leaves dies.
- Die cut the longer leaf from Brushed metallic card stock.
- Run the Basic White panel for the Overlay through the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the Real Red panel.
- Add leaves to this panel with liquid glue and the middle leaf on dimensionals.
- Add the Overlay to the narrow panel of the card with Stampin’ Seal on only the left side of the overlay. Center on panel
For the inside…Stamp the sentiment in Real Red ink using the Pretty Pumpkins stamp set on the Basic White panel (3 1/8 x 8 1/4). Stamp the fun decoration at the bottom in Old Olive ink and color with Old Olive and Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends. Run panel through the cut & emboss machine with the Stitched Leaves Dies (coordinates with Love of Leaves stamp set). Adhere to a Real Red panel 3 1/4 x 8 3/8. Adhere to the center inside panel & voila!
Love, love, love. Hope you do as well :O) Here are three additional cards that I created using this same layout. I used one as a sideways card, yes, intentionally! Take a peek.
There will be some awesome projects today on the hop. If you have come from Tara Carpenter, welcome. Enjoy your trip through the hop. You may click on the name or use the ‘next’ button to head to Amy Koenders.
Terry Lynn Bright – you are here
Today is the LAST DAY of the fabulous Seasonal Sale. If you have purchased your papers, ink pads & dies yet, take a look at what you can purchase, but only to the end of today are these items on super sale. Keep reading for all the scoop.
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: 62EHPGHC I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you! And… as a reminder – during the month of November only, joining is $75 and the products with joining are $125 worth of product ~ your choice too! Just sayin’, I haven’t seen this kind of deal since joining as as demo several years ago. This is the time!
Also during a very specified time in November (16-18) is a promotion of products from the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Joining during that period will bring more savings, more bargains your way. I cannot encourage you enough to make good use of these two promotions. Join with me during those specified days – Nov 16-18 and get bargains galore. Again… you may do that with me – here. As a demonstrator you will continue to enjoy 20-25% off every order through Stampin’ Up! If you join Nov 16, once you have your new Demonsrator ID #, you can order even more of these amazing products at an additional 20% off – through the 18th of November.
Below are the details of the November 16-18 promotion.
PROMOTION PERIOD: 16–18 NOVEMBER 2021
- The sale will run for three days only.
- The discount includes 10% off cardstock, 15% off ink pads (excluding ink pad bundles and third-party pads), and 20% off dies.
- The discount applies to products featured in the 2021–2022 Annual Catalog only. Products from the July–December 2021 Mini Catalog are not included.
- The sale is available through both online store purchases and demonstrator orders.
- Phone: 16 November 2021 at 7:00 AM (MT) to 18 November 2021 at 6:50 PM (MT)
- Online: 16 November 2021 at 12:00 AM (MT) to 18 November 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Here’s what I’m encouraging and sharing with you: join to become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator. You may do that with me – here. Joining during the month of November is $75 to create your own ‘starter kit’ ~ but you receive $125 worth of products that you get to choose. When you join, that’s free shipping for that one time, and I must say, I haven’t seen a $75 joining deal like this in my time with Stampin’ Up! This is a sweet package. Start with Savings is what they’re calling the joining promotion.
Thanks for stopping by. May hyou have a beautiful day. Nothing beats a handmade card.
Inspire. Create. Share.