Today’s card is made using the Sweet Symmetry DSP as the focal point, the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder in the background and a fun flower from the In Bloom bundle.
What a fun combination of colors on this card: Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya, Basic White and just a hint of Soft Succulent.
- Cut a piece of the Sweet Symmetry DSP with the largest Stitched So Sweetly Dies and mount on a panel of Basic White just slightly larger (3 x 4 3/16) with liquid glue. You can of course use Stampin’ Seal, but I like the ‘wiggle room’ the liquid glue provides.
- Cut a piece of Calypso Coral (3 3/4 x 5) and run it through the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder. Mount this on a panel of Basic White (3 7/8 x 5 1/8).
- Pale Papaya is the card base (8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4). Adhere the Calypso Coral panel to this base with dimensionals. Mount the the DSP panel with dimensionals to the embossed piece.
- Create the flower: die cut pieces using the Pierced Bloom Dies – Pale Papaya for the flower, Calypso Coral for the center, Soft Succulent for the leaves. The smaller petals are attached with a mini dimensional to the larger petals, the center is adhered with liquid glue. The leaves are adhered to the back of the large flower with dabs of liquid glue and the flower is added to the card front with dimensionals. Lots of layers on this card!
- Stamp the sentiment from the In Bloom stamp set in Basic Gray ink on a strip of Basic White (9/16 x 3) Adhere to a strip of Calypso Coral (5/8 x 3). Add a dimensional at the end of the sent and liquid glue to the rest – slip under the flower. Trim excess length from the strip.
- Add three Genial Gems to the card front and call the front done!
For the inside…
- Stamp the top flowers on a panel of Basic White (3 3/4 x 5) with stamped off once Pale Papaya ink. Stamp the lower flower without stamping off.
- Create a template for the flower by stamping on a piece of post-it note and fussy cutting it. (I made a BIG mistake here by creating the template in card stock and you can see the leaves did not stamp up to the edge of the flower 😦 Place the template on the stamped flowers to stamp the leaves in Soft Succulent ink. Stamp the flower centers in Calypso Coral ink.
- Adhere this panel to a piece of Calypso Coral 3 7/8 x 5 1/8), then onto0 the inside of the card. Voila!
For the envelope I embossed a panel of Pale Papaya card stock with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder then adhered it to the envelope flap, trimmed to fit. The front got the same process as the inside of the card creating the flower: Pale Papaya ink, stamped off once for the flower, then Calypso Coral ink stamped off for the flower center.
Fun, bright, cheery card that could be used for birthday or – as is the case for this card – college graduation. WooHoo, way to go Friend!
Products for todays project are from the 2021-22 Annual Catalog They may be found in the list below. I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY NEW HOST CODE – ZD9N2JRR . When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Stampin’ Up! has a promotion for joining that is SUCH A GOOD DEAL you won’t want to pass on it. See below for more info. They also have a HOST promotion AND a Kit promotion.
The first is the JOIN promotion… for $99 you may choose $155 worth of products beginning 4 May through the end of May. It just doesn’t get much better than that. Click the image to join.
- A new demonstrator can select any eligible Stampin’ Up! products up to the stated value.
- The Starter Kit also includes business resources like catalogs, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- The Starter Kit also includes a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit.
- In addition to the amazing added value to their Starter Kit, when new team members join Stampin’ Up! they get to be a part of our amazing community of crafters. Plus, they get to enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, early access to products, and exclusive access to training events.
HOST promotion 4 May – 14 June
From 4 May–14 June 2021, qualifying orders will receive our generous Stampin’ Rewards PLUS additional rewards! Hosts can earn Stampin’ Rewards based on order totals for an entire party. Outside of the party setting, Stampin’ Rewards are available to those who place individual orders that meet the order totals shown here.
- Workshop orders, customer orders, and online orders all qualify for the extra $25 in Stampin’ Rewards if they reach the $250 level.
- The order must reach the qualifying amount of $250 in merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- The extra $25 rewards are only valid once per order no matter how high the order total.
- Starter Kit orders do not qualify for this promotion.
- Stampin’ Rewards can not be used on a 50% off item.
- Deadline to submit an order and receive the extra $25 in free Stampin’ Rewards: June 14, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT).
KITS PROMOTION BEGINS 1 JUNE, more information coming soon!
Created to be both an easy business-building tool and the perfect introduction to paper crafting!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Move someone’s heart by sending them a handmade card filled with love.