It’s Saturday and Spring is in the air… the crocus and snow drops, daffodils & jonquils – oh yes… Love, love Spring. And today’s card says Spring all over it. The Kangaroo & Co bundle is new to me and I just had to use it.
Is that ‘roo face cute or what?! Let’s talk through how to make this card, shall we?
- Purple Posy 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Basic White 4 x 5 1/4 (2) + about 3 1/2 x 5 for dies + scrap for banner
- 2019-2021 In Color 6×6 DSP in Purple Posy 3 1/2 x 5
- Highland Heather scraps 3/4 x 1 1/2 (3) + scrap for banner
- Adhere the 2019-2021 In Color 6×6 DSP panel to the Basic White panel then to the card base, all with liquid glue.
- Stamp the Kangaroo from Kangaroo & Co in Smoky Slate on the Basic White strip. Also stamp the flower bouquet in Memento Black ink on the same strip.
- Color the Kangaroo with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends, the ears & nose with Dark Petal Pink.
- Color the bouquet with Stampin’ Blends: Dark Pool Party for the leaves, Daffodil Delight and Highland Heather for the flowers. Die cut both.
- Adhere the three Highland Heather strips as shown, using liquid glue.
- Put dimensionals on the Kangaroo and adhere as shown.
- The ‘roo has a pouch. I put a single dimensional on the bouquet and slipped an edge into the pouch.
- Add a bow form the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack and adhere with a glue dot.
- Stamp the sentiment from Kangaroo & Co stamp set with Smoky slate ink on a 3/4 wide strip. Trim one end with the Banners Pick a Punch.
- Adhere to a 1″ Highland Heather scrap that was trimmed with the same Banners Pick a Punch. This strip has the scalloped edge as it was a leftover from a scalloped die cut from a previous project :). Adhere these two to the card front, slipping them slightly under the die cut Kangaroo.
- Adhere 3 Iridescent Pearls to the banner and the card front is complete.
- The inside was super fast – I used my Blending Brush to add a bit of Highland Heather ‘glow’ to a Basic White panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from A Wish for Everything stamp set using Highland Heather ink.
- Adhere the panel to the inside of the card and voila…
The envelope was stamped with the cute envelope from the Kangaroo & Co stamp set with Highland Heather ink. I colored the heart using a Highland Heather marker. The flap got more 2019-2021 In Color 6×6 DSP in Purple Posy and this card is ready for Easter!
Below is a product list of items used in today’s project. They come from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog as well as the Jan-Jun Mini Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE – XTK4JNGQ– good Mar 16 – 31. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know.
Just a quick reminder, the 2019-2021 In Colors are retiring soon. In a previous post I mentioned several items available to purchase in those colors: Terracotta Tile, Rococo Rose, Purple Posy, Pretty Peacock and Seaside Spray. You may find that post here.
Now is the perfect time to become a team member of Stampin’ Up! – with your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!) Act quickly… JOIN MY Team here. Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% (or more) discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join my team now… Again – you may do that here.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply