Here it is Jan 3, 2021 ~ did you look forward to a new year, new beginnings, new challenges? Did you set some new goals? And perhaps more importantly, did you leave some worries, hurts behind? That may be the most difficult thing to do, but necessary… I’m rooting for you … and trying to do the same.
I played yesterday… with dragonflies, Laser-Cut Paper, the Dandy Garden Memories & More Card Pack and one or two other things. Let’s take a look at these creations.
Love, love, love this Laser-Cut Paper (available to customers Jan 5!). It’s on both cards 1 & 2. And the dragonfly on card 1 was created with vellum, 99% alcohol and inks. Card #3 uses the Dandy Garden Memories & More Card Pack & Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP. Let’s get into some detail for each of these cards.
- Thick Whisper White card base; covered on the front with a panel of Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP (a FREE item during Sale-a-bration with a $50 purchase – begins Jan 5)
- Laser-Cut Paper adhered to a panel of the same Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP, but the ombre paper turned the opposite way. Wrap this with Striped Ribbon in Blackberry Bliss and tie a bow. Secure the ribbon with a glue dot under the knot. (The ribbon will be available Jan 5!) This was adhered to a Blackberry Bliss panel and popped onto the card front with dimensionals.
- The sentiment panel was stamped with a sentiment from Dandy Garden stamp set (yep, available Jan 5) on a scrap of the oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP and die cut with Stitched So Sweetly Dies. Put on dimensionals and pop above the bow. Add the super sweet Metallic Pearls in silver.
- The butterfly was created with vellum, 99% alcohol and inks using a brush. This took a bit of doing as you must work quickly and not get the vellum too saturated or it really wrinkles and becomes un-usable. After drying, I stamped the dragonfly in Tuxedo Black ink and punched it with the Dragonfly Punch. I then stamped another dragonfly on vellum and punched it as well. I adhered the two together with mini dimensionals and popped this onto the card front with additional mini dimensionals. I added three sweet Metallic Pearls in silver to the body and the card front was done.
For the inside of Card #1 I used one of the Laser-Cit Paper flowers and adhered it with dabs of liquid glue. I then added this frame in Blackberry Bliss card stock that was created with Stitched Rectangles Dies and trimmed.
For the envelope, I stamped the single posy from Dandy Garden stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored the center with stamped-off Blackberry Bliss ink with the appropriate stamp from the Dandy Garden stamp set, then colored the leaves with Stampin Blends in Old Olive. The flap was covered with a scrap of the Oh So Ombre 6×6 DSP and the card was complete.
I was enamored of the Dandy Laser-Cut Paper and couldn’t quit!. All these dragonflies in one is just gorgeous. I began by adhering a panel of Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP to a piece of Whisper White card stock. This was adhered to a card base of Misty Moonlight card stock. I then adhered the Dandy Laser-Cut Paper to a piece of vellum with dots of liquid glue, being careful not to use too much. This was popped up on mini dimensionals and adhered to the panel of the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP. I pulled out the Dandy Garden Memories & More Card Pack and used the sentiment to peel & stick right on the card front. I then added a bow from the Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack (in Misty Moonlight & Silver cording) and the front was done.
For the inside I stamped the dragonflies in Misty Moonlight ink from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set onto a panel of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink. I adhered the finished panel to the inside of he card with liquid glue. For the envelope, I used the same dragonfly from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set and stamped it in Misty Moonlight on the front of the envelope. I used another coordinating piece of the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap and finis!
I found a panel in the Dandy Garden Memories & More Card Pack that I wanted to use and adhered it to a slightly larger piece of Whisper White card stock. I wrapped this with the stunning Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Thread and tied a knot. I placed a glue dot under the knot to hold it in place. I then added a super cute Ladybug Trinket climbing on the dandelion. It was added with a glue dot. I had found a piece of the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP that I thought went really well with the front panel. The DSP was adhered to Bumblebee card stock and that was adhered to the Misty Moonlight card front. I returned to the ribboned panel, put dimensionals on the back and adhered it to finish the card front.
For the inside I stamped the single posy from the Garden Wishes stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink, stamped the filler for the flower in Bumblebee ink and colored the leaves and flower stem with Old Olive Stampin Blends. This Whisper White panel was adhered to a slightly larger piece of Bumblebee card stock and that was then added to the inside of the card – all with liquid glue. For the envelope I stamped the same single dandelion to the front and colored it the same as the inside of the card. I used the same DSP as the card front for the envelope flap.
So – what do you think? What is your favorite card? Each is so different – I really like them all. But I think my favorite is the Misty Moonlight with the Dandy Laser-Cut dragonflies.
Most of the elements to create these cards will be available Jan 5 – just two days from now!!! If I can help you in any way to order these products, please give me a holler. As a quick reminder, Stampin’ Up! has a Giant Sale going on until Jan 4. Those products on sale will no longer be available after that date. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SAZV3JTK– good until Jan 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products.
Only a couple of days left… check out the Giant Year-end sale here
- No minimum purchase required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
- Exclusions apply: Carryover items will not be discounted.
- Due to increased shipping times and possible shipping delays during the month of December, we can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.
- Ordering Deadlines: January 4, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Leave a Reply